Creighton at Tulsa - 7pm Monday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton at Tulsa - 7pm Monday

Postby ictjay » December 20th, 2011, 12:23 am

Just got back from Tulsa. Scoreboard is unfrickinbelievable. Tulsa has a load of talent and horrible coaching. Everything is geared to loosen up the guards for 3's. O plays for the bigs. Creighton got every single loose ball. TU's defense was pathetic. DMac did whatever he wanted. Cu's team play was impressive.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » December 20th, 2011, 3:43 am

This might seem like a weird post, but does anyone else feel like there is a severe lack of McDermott worshipping? This guy is freakin' insane and there is minimal drooling from Creighton fans. If this guy played for ISUb it would be a nonstop GodMcDermottGod lovefest going on. Heck, I'm developing a huge mancrush on the guy and he plays for Creighton.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 20th, 2011, 6:43 am

I agree with all of the above. McDermott may end up being Bird-esque (at least collegiately), and there isn't the rediculous worship that SHOULD be occurring.

OTOH, D McD is SOOOO good, that he doesn't need anyone tooting his horn. Stats + wins speak for themselves.

Kudos to BJ fans for being above that.

:bow:

Expect no more compliments from this point forward!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Duan » December 20th, 2011, 8:38 am

I don't talk up McDermott because I want to marry him. I figure the less people who know about him the better my chances. ;)
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » December 20th, 2011, 8:41 am

AndShock wrote:This might seem like a weird post, but does anyone else feel like there is a severe lack of McDermott worshipping? This guy is freakin' insane and there is minimal drooling from Creighton fans. If this guy played for ISUb it would be a nonstop GodMcDermottGod lovefest going on. Heck, I'm developing a huge mancrush on the guy and he plays for Creighton.

I'll chime in on this one as a CU fan. As someone other than I said in a previous post, CU fans feel like we hit the lottery with Doug on a ticket that someone else bought. So that might have something to do with it. Plus I just don't see any point in coming on the boards and building up Doug and his play. He is a very special player and his play speaks pretty much for itself.

But we certainly don't want Doug to feel slighted by CU fans so I will say it....that little Dougie McDermott is a fairly decent player and might just do something special in his years at CU. :Yea!:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaliJay » December 20th, 2011, 9:13 am

As a recent CU grad still living in Omaha, I can assure you all that the lack of hype for Doug on this board doesn't accurately translate to what is going on in Omaha right now. Its beginning to reach Korver's senior year status around here. You walk into the local malls, you see McDermott jerseys everywhere and Teach Me How to Dougie tshirts are in all the sports stores. Last night after the Tulsa game, I saw about 90 percent of people's statuses on facebook having to do with Doug and the Jays. Same with Twitter.

I think the main reason you dont see it being boasted on here is because there really is no point. i feel like these message boards are a good way to get others familiar with your team and hyping up unsung players a little bit (like Gibbs for us), but if other teams fans cant see that Doug is really really good than they probably arent great college bball fans.

Doug has said numerous times how much he loves Omaha so I dont feel like hes any less of a Jay because he wasnt originally commited to us. Creighton took a little bit of a chance on his dad IMO and Doug may single-handedly give him job security here for a long time.
CaliJay
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdmanBB » December 20th, 2011, 9:17 am

CaliJay wrote: You walk into the local malls, you see McDermott jerseys everywhere and Teach Me How to Dougie tshirts are in all the sports stores.

:lol: That's awesome!
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 20th, 2011, 9:24 am

To think....he wasn't' good enough to fulfill his dream of playing for his dad because he wasn't good enough to play at a B12 school.......and that there was plenty of CU fans on VT telling UNI fans he wasn't as good as we were hyping....

I'll stop there before I post what's actually going through my head right now.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 20th, 2011, 12:10 pm

uniftw wrote:To think....he wasn't' good enough to fulfill his dream of playing for his dad because he wasn't good enough to play at a B12 school.......and that there was plenty of CU fans on VT telling UNI fans he wasn't as good as we were hyping....

I don't remember the last part happening, but, if it did, I'd guess all of those people are pretty happy they were wrong.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 20th, 2011, 1:22 pm

uniftw wrote:To think....he wasn't' good enough to fulfill his dream of playing for his dad because he wasn't good enough to play at a B12 school.......and that there was plenty of CU fans on VT telling UNI fans he wasn't as good as we were hyping....

I'll stop there before I post what's actually going through my head right now.

Lolz. Time for UNI fans to turn the page and simply get over it. And who is to say that even if he was at UNI he would be as successful. Perhaps McDermott would be able to utilize him better than Jacobson would. Kids decommit all the time, they get out of LOIs, they transfer. It happens.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball