Redbirds vs. UALR, 6pm Tues. 20th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Redbirds vs. UALR, 6pm Tues. 20th

Postby MoValley John » December 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm

:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby havoc » December 20th, 2011, 8:22 pm

How good is Nic Moore. Tough to see a guy of that caliber leave Indiana to play elsewhere. I'm sure there are a lot of D1 schools in the state that would love to have him on their team.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 20th, 2011, 10:00 pm

So what did Jank do to get tossed?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » December 20th, 2011, 10:14 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:So what did Jank do to get tossed?

What he did to get tossed was storm on the court looking like he was going to hit the refs.

What they did to incite that was within a 3 min. period in the game. At first I believe it was Trey Blue who was given a flagrant for a nonincidental elbow (he had nowhere else to put it). Then they called a phantom double foul which gave UALR the possession. Finally, Ekey got clobbered on a layup from the sides and behind under the hoop and he got called for the charge and no basket even though the whistle came late. This is when Jank stormed out on the floor because he originally was questioning the elbow and it seemed like they were getting back at Jank by calling a charge on Ekey. Jank gets tossed and after that a double technical was called on moore and one of their players.

The way I described it on our site is that they were calling ticky tack things to "try and keep the game in order" as if there was a fight before the game between both teams.

Oh the ref was Gerry Pollard. Two fans were thrown out of the game as he went after one right at the half.

It was really really bad. Anyone who is an MVC fan knows how cool and calm Jank has been the last 4 years. He has never been tossed before. For him to get this upset where he would get tossed just goes to show the refs were completely out of their minds. I have never seen him like that before.

You think it would have fired up our guys, but they kept calling ticky tack and phantom calls on us which completely took us out of our rythme as if they had a wager on the game or they were just trying to get back at Jank. Pollard should be repremanded simply for the fact of getting into it with a fan.

Worst officiated game I have ever seen.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jwa123 » December 20th, 2011, 10:16 pm

I'm starting a Gerry Pollard fan club :bounce:
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » December 22nd, 2011, 10:26 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:So what did Jank do to get tossed?

What he did to get tossed was storm on the court looking like he was going to hit the refs.

What they did to incite that was within a 3 min. period in the game. At first I believe it was Trey Blue who was given a flagrant for a nonincidental elbow (he had nowhere else to put it). Then they called a phantom double foul which gave UALR the possession. Finally, Ekey got clobbered on a layup from the sides and behind under the hoop and he got called for the charge and no basket even though the whistle came late. This is when Jank stormed out on the floor because he originally was questioning the elbow and it seemed like they were getting back at Jank by calling a charge on Ekey. Jank gets tossed and after that a double technical was called on moore and one of their players.

The way I described it on our site is that they were calling ticky tack things to "try and keep the game in order" as if there was a fight before the game between both teams.

Oh the ref was Gerry Pollard. Two fans were thrown out of the game as he went after one right at the half.

It was really really bad. Anyone who is an MVC fan knows how cool and calm Jank has been the last 4 years. He has never been tossed before. For him to get this upset where he would get tossed just goes to show the refs were completely out of their minds. I have never seen him like that before.

You think it would have fired up our guys, but they kept calling ticky tack and phantom calls on us which completely took us out of our rythme as if they had a wager on the game or they were just trying to get back at Jank. Pollard should be repremanded simply for the fact of getting into it with a fan.

Worst officiated game I have ever seen.

Must have been your first time witnessing Gerry Pollard. :Beer:

http://www.pantagraph.com/blogs/kindred/kindred-mix-of-naughty-nice-in-isu-men-s-game/article_7d8da9e0-2b93-11e1-ae71-0019bb2963f4.html
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball