Final (Important) Non-Con Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BirdmanBB » December 21st, 2011, 10:10 am

There are some cupcakes that need to be taken care of, but there are still opportunities before the start of conference play for the valley to get some Marquee wins.

If SIU can come away with any kind of win in the Diamondhead Classic that would be great.

BU @ Mich.
NU @ Creighton
MSU vs. WVU (vegas)
MSU vs. St. Mary's (vegas)

The UNI home loss hurts, but MSU still has a chance to make a statement. If they can somehow go 1-1 in vegas I think thats a big win for the valley. Creighton needs to take care of business at home against a good Northwestern team. BU probably doesn't have a chance against Mich but there is always hope.

If MSU can step up in vegas I think it really strengthens our conference and gives us another team with good out of conference wins.

The better we finish here, the better chances we have at multiple bids come selection time.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Final (Important) Non-Con Games

Postby RoyalShock » December 21st, 2011, 2:04 pm

And what's nice about these last few games - other than Drake's game vs. Central Ark - is that they should provide an RPI boost, even if they are losses. A couple of unexpected wins (provided Drake takes care of business) might be enough to challenge the A10 for 7th in conference RPI.

Edit: I just realized that InSU has to take care of ULM tonight. A win will probably drop them from 19 into the 30s.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: Final (Important) Non-Con Games

Postby Jet915 » December 21st, 2011, 5:12 pm

Yeah, fortunately, SIU doesn't have to beat anyone in the Diamond Head Classic to help their RPI, they just need to show up. It would be an extreme bonus if they did beat someone though.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball