UL-Monroe @ Indiana State (weds. 12/21)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UL-Monroe @ Indiana State (weds. 12/21)

Postby LJay » December 21st, 2011, 9:48 pm

peach baskets and jump balls after.each bucket?
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » December 21st, 2011, 10:01 pm

And the centers couldn't cross mid-court.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby MoValley John » December 21st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Face value on my Creighton tickets is $30 each. A game like that is just over $.35 a point. Money well spent!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 21st, 2011, 10:09 pm

MoValley John wrote:Face value on my Creighton tickets is $30 each. A game like that is just over $.35 a point. Money well spent!

:D Sort of like taking as many shots as you can in a round of golf to get your money's worth.

Silly when you think about it, but Creighton has scored more in one game than the combined total of both of these teams 5 times already this year (and was just a basket shy in two others).
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » December 21st, 2011, 10:22 pm

And Dougie has outscored UL-Monroe on his own ... once? Twice?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby WSUbballer » December 21st, 2011, 10:56 pm

I'm assuming the margin of victory was so small against this 1-10 team and that Indiana State couldn't muster more than 50 points against them was because the bench got to play a lot and the starters weren't in that much. Is that the case?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » December 22nd, 2011, 6:16 am

Pretty much to be expected from Ind. St. at this point. They only beat a D2 team by 11 and had various other close games against so so teams. They dont score a ton of points and rely on defense and timely shooting to carry them to W's. I wouldnt read much into it. ULM was playing a stallfense type game in where they used the entire clock each trip to try and limit possessions. ISU did not play well but a 15 point win is a 15 point win. Creighton might score 80 points often but so does vandy and look where that got them. I'd rather have a team committed to D come tourney time.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » December 22nd, 2011, 8:08 am

I went to the game and I agree with Jackwagon, it was definitely a typical ISU game, ugly stuff, like he said we are never going to win by a ton of points, that's just not how our games go. ISU did play its' starters most of the game. I was hoping we'd get a large enough lead so the regulars could rest and the bench players would see significant minutes. But alas that wasn't the case, we'll be fine.

WSUbballer wrote:I'm assuming the margin of victory was so small against this 1-10 team and that Indiana State couldn't muster more than 50 points against them was because the bench got to play a lot and the starters weren't in that much. Is that the case?
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sycamore_DevilDog » December 22nd, 2011, 10:53 am

http://tribstar.com/sports/x191076749/I ... ana-Monroe

UL-M's game plan was to shorten and make the game ugly. Read UL-M's coach's comments.

I've played against opponents using this tactic and it is frustrating as HELL.
A U.S. Marine: No better friend, no worse enemy.
Sycamore_DevilDog
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby havoc » December 22nd, 2011, 11:35 am

Aargh wrote:Now we're back to it and I have to suffer through a league that seems intent on putting up soccer-like scores. Well, they're soccer-like compared to what would be expected from a D1 game.

Drake is essentially at the median in points per game at 68.5. and are 7th in the MVC. Thus far this year, the MVC is above average in D1 in terms of points per game.

Creighton is in the top 5 and WSU is in the top 25. CU, WSU, and UE all average over 70 ppg.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball