Mo State v. West Virginia 7PM ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Mo State v. West Virginia 7PM ESPN3

Postby Red » December 23rd, 2011, 1:10 pm

Killer loss last night and one that I would worry could kill team morale. Is Weems the kind of in the locker room team leader who the younger guys will rally behind?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » December 23rd, 2011, 10:23 pm

Wow just watched the 2nd half of the Baylor West Virginia game. West Virginia took #7 Baylor to OVT. I thought they were going to win at the end of regulation. Too bad WV's center left the game hurt. If not for that there might have been a different outcome.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 23rd, 2011, 11:14 pm

At this point, it really doesn't matter what West Virginia does, since MSU blew the game. Now if MSU would have won, that would have been an entirely different story.

St. Louis or bust for MSU.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 23rd, 2011, 11:45 pm

WSUbballer wrote:At this point, it really doesn't matter what West Virginia does, since MSU blew the game. Now if MSU would have won, that would have been an entirely different story.

St. Louis or bust for MSU.

Where did I say what West Virginia did made a difference to MSU?? They are in the same tournament though and I was just commenting on that. Good grief baller you are something else. A troller of unparallelled proportions.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 23rd, 2011, 11:56 pm

I don't troll, newb. It's against forum rules.

I had assumed that since this is MVCfans and this was a MSU/WVU game thread that your comment was thus trying to associate with the whole Valley/Missouri State thing. But if you were just providing a totally meaningless factoid about a meaningless game, then I apologize.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 24th, 2011, 12:41 am

I hate to be the one to break this, but this year, choking away a win will be known as "pulling an MSU".

After SIU's game and all the comparisons to MSU,it's obvious that MSU is now the exemplar of a blown win.

I didn't invent the term. I haven't promoted it. I've noticed it gets used quite a bit, so this is just an observation. MSU fans are going to have to accept that MSU will be the definition of choking away a win. SIU would have had that distinction, but MSU beat SIU to it.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 24th, 2011, 12:58 am

You could be right aargh. Maybe expecting a first year head coach to do well in close end game situations is asking too much? I can't help but think Cuonzo would have found a way to win these close ones we've been losing this year. I'm not condemning Lusk. Still think he'll eventually be a fine coach.

But for now I'll hold out hope that by the end of the year it will be different. And you'll be eating those words LOL.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 24th, 2011, 10:08 am

New coach and new players equals inconsistency. Lusk will get it together sooner rather than later.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball