Vitale Giving the Valley some Love

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BirdmanBB » December 23rd, 2011, 2:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/story/_/id/7376447/dick-vitale-hands-christmas-gifts-college-basketball

It is time to give the little guy some PR, Santa! How about saluting some of the mid-majors, who have proven they can play with the big guys. Look at some of the standout players ... Creighton's Doug McDermott can flat-out play, he has great versatility.

Although I'm not sure I like him calling us little guys.

Santa, how about some national exposure for a few coaches doing a super job. They don't get enough ink, baby! Guys like Gregg Marshall at Wichita State, John Groce at Ohio University and Gary Waters at Cleveland State should get more publicity.

It is time for the Missouri Valley Conference to get multiple bids to the big dance, so get it done, Santa!

I love the comments section. "Santa, please let Dickie V retire."
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Vitale Giving the Valley some Love

Postby glm38 » December 23rd, 2011, 2:41 pm

Lot's of people don't like him but he's grown on me over the years. He called an MSU game on ESPN last year and he had a lot of nice comments (and seemed well informed) about the Bears. He kept it up even though we got our heads handed to us in that game.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Vitale Giving the Valley some Love

Postby shocktheheart » December 23rd, 2011, 4:50 pm

glm38 wrote:Lot's of people don't like him but he's grown on me over the years. He called an MSU game on ESPN last year and he had a lot of nice comments (and seemed well informed) about the Bears. He kept it up even though we got our heads handed to us in that game.

I like Vitale, he has passion for the game. I do get tired of hearing about UNC and Duke all the time from him, but when he just talks about the game he is announcing he is very good in my opinion.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball