Indiana St at Drake - 7:05pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana St at Drake - 7:05pm

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 28th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Drakes Karl Madison totally dominated the guard play.

Big night also for Rayvonte Rice, Ben and Jeffers.

Lathan had a lot of good moves to the basket.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby getreal4 » December 28th, 2011, 9:12 pm

huge win for the dogs! Madison couldn't miss tonight! Trees couldnt guard madison, rice, jeffers too athletic for the slower trees

no bench pts for the dogs is a bit scary...
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby lime » December 28th, 2011, 9:16 pm

getreal4 wrote:no bench pts for the dogs is a bit scary...

only 31 minutes total from the bench tonight. That might be a low for Phelps given his usual love for the ten-man rotation.
lime
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby isumvc1 » December 28th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Drake just flat out kicked our a s s, no excuses from ISU fans, we never got off the bus.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby getreal4 » December 28th, 2011, 9:26 pm

I was surprised how slow the trees were tonight or are the dogs that quick when allowed to be aggressive? :huh:
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » December 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Aargh wrote:I suspect there are a few InSU posters we won't see out here for a few days.

+1

You could just see this coming..

Sycamores are gonna have to get hot on that March weekend again to make the dance.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » December 28th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Thinking about the future:

For Drake...in tonight's game:

Seniors = 0 points
Juniors = 19 points
Sophomores = 22 points
Freshmen = 38 points

Everybody who matter is back next year....add Van Deest and Uhlenhopp back into the mix....and three signees who are all tearing it up this year.....there might actually be a light at the end of the tunnel for the Bulldogs.

I don't want to trash talk....too much...but I've had several :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

For the ISU fans who said that Odum is clearly the defensive POY...... DU freshman Karl Madison absolutely abused him. Drake's 2 freshmen were a combined 15-17 from the floor.

Madison with a career high 24 points (9-9 from the field), Rice with 22 points, 8 rebounds and 4 steals, Simons with 15, freshman Jeremy Jeffers with 14, and Jordan Clarke with 12 rebounds. If Clarke could make a layup or a free throw, Drake wins by 25.

Did not see this result coming.

:Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aargh » December 28th, 2011, 11:47 pm

I think Phelps is going to be around for another year or two. DU definitely looks like they're on the upswing.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sycamore_DevilDog » December 29th, 2011, 12:44 am

[quote="DUBulldog"]Thinking about the future:

For the ISU fans who said that Odum is clearly the defensive POY...... DU freshman Karl Madison absolutely abused him. Drake's 2 freshmen were a combined 15-17 from the floor.

McWhorter is "suppose" to be ISU's defensive stopper...not Odum and McWhorter didn't get it done tonight. Actually, the Sycamores laid a big fat turd on the Knapp floor tonight. Coach Lansing stated on the post game interview that "We couldn't keep them in front of us."

Gotta give it to Drake...they played one Hell of a game tonight...kudos to the Bulldogs.
A U.S. Marine: No better friend, no worse enemy.
Sycamore_DevilDog
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PowderBlue » December 29th, 2011, 9:24 am

WSUbballer wrote:Sycamores are gonna have to get hot on that March weekend again to make the dance.

If in any way true, that's really sad considering Drake is a really tough team to beat at home (something like 10 wins in a row dating back to last year, IIRC), and they are picked by several outlets to be a middle of the pack MVC team this year. By that logic, Creighton is in trouble now too (MOST is picked middle of the pack and has a lower RPI in some circles). I would think the loss to Boise State hurts a lot more than the loss to Drake.

ISU just needs a nice rebound game against Bradley. One loss to start the conference season isn't the end of the world if they can turn it around. I expect to see a smothering defensive effort on NYE.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball