Southern Illinois at Evansville - 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Southern Illinois at Evansville - 7pm

Postby ACECARD » December 29th, 2011, 10:06 pm

UE 71 wrote:Final, Evansville 78-60

Too early to say whether the Aces will be a play in team, although I think they will be, but it's not too early to say that this is the worst SIU team that I have ever seen, and that goes all the way back to before Walt Frazier.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » December 29th, 2011, 10:13 pm

good to win a conference game at home. The true test on the road at Northern Iowa on New Year Day. It'll be telecast on ESPNU at 8pm. UE hasn't been real good on TV, UNC and IU.

Go Aces
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » December 29th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Good win, solid start to the Conference. SIU is bad, but I do think they will win several games at home.

Next up UNI. UE has not been good on the road. Maybe UE is turning the corner. UNI lives by the 3, those are games that can be won when the 3 isn't falling.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UE 71 » December 29th, 2011, 11:22 pm

ACECARD wrote:

Too early to say whether the Aces will be a play in team, although I think they will be, but it's not too early to say that this is the worst SIU team that I have ever seen, and that goes all the way back to before Walt Frazier.

I've seen all those teams since Frazier, and I'll have to admit I have not seen a team play worse than the one at the Ford tonight. However, they did play pretty tough against Clemson (O/T loss) and Xavier was close enough to be of concern. They always play tough in Carbondale and they will make a few teams pay. I'm kind of glad we don't play them again until February.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby xsaluki » December 30th, 2011, 2:31 am

shocktheheart wrote:
2livewu wrote:Nothing impressive about the first half at all. I can't describe how bad SIU is...how does Evansville get 24 FT attempts in one half?

There are former Salukis right now driving to Indiana to murder the current players and coaches.

Neither of these teams are any good....one team has a good coach.

Awful.

Tatum and Faulker in a car right now turning the corner to the Ford Center
:D

:D - now that is funny.

Aces are heading in the correct direction and the new place looked nice on TV.

We are horrible, I disagree with those who think we will win a few. All teams have to do is pack it in and let the worst shooting backcourt in the nation go to town.

No team has any business losing to this team. Worst college team I have watched. There are some kids with potential, but the round mound isn't going to do anything except run them off.
xsaluki
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby klinky » December 30th, 2011, 8:04 am

UE 71 wrote:
ACECARD wrote:

I've seen all those teams since Frazier, and I'll have to admit I have not seen a team play worse than the one at the Ford tonight. However, they did play pretty tough against Clemson (O/T loss) and Xavier was close enough to be of concern. They always play tough in Carbondale and they will make a few teams pay. I'm kind of glad we don't play them again until February.

I remember one worse SIU team back in the '80s. The Aces beat them by over 40 at Roberts with our second string in much of the second half.
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UE 71 » December 31st, 2011, 5:07 pm

I believe the SIU team you are thinking of was the 1981-82 that lost to UE (Coach Walters,23-6) by a score of 97-51. However, that year under new coach Allen Van Winkle, SIU posted a record of 11-16 and 7-9 in the Valley. The worse SIU team since going D-I was actually the year before that went 7-20 and 0-16 in the Valley. However that team lost to UE by a narrow margin of 65-60.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball