Southern Illinois at Evansville - 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU@Evansvile Thurs 1-29 7:05

Postby shocktheheart » December 29th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:I am surprised that nobody caught this during the UE-UNC game on ESPNU a few weeks ago. During the game, one of the announcers alluded to the fact that the Aces play in a tough mid-major conference, are playng their first season in a brand new state of the art arena, and will be building a brand new practice facility.

I thought they were simply mistaken ---- I guess their comment had legs afterall. If this is the case, it would be a great addition to the program and would be a good recruiting tool.

Beside the Ford Center, where does Evansville practice now? How many Valley teams have dedicated practice facilities? I know WSU does and it is connected to Koch Arena.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby havoc » December 29th, 2011, 1:04 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
Beside the Ford Center, where does Evansville practice now? How many Valley teams have dedicated practice facilities? I know WSU does and it is connected to Koch Arena.

The Carson Center. A small facility on the UE campus. It is nice for UE, but I would expect that it would be toward the bottom of Valley facilities.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » December 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm

UE 73
SIU 64

Go Aces

no matter where they play
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 29th, 2011, 2:08 pm

It was hard to beat the parking set up at Roberts Arena.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Southern Illinois at Evansville - 7pm

Postby ACECARD » December 29th, 2011, 3:51 pm

MVCfans wrote:Aces are 6 point favorites.

Quick look at the game: The MVC Report - Preview of games December 29

Aces should win this game. If they don't, they are a play in team for sure.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby The Color Purple » December 29th, 2011, 3:52 pm

In talking with some of the student athletes from all different teams at UE, they all believe we have the worst practice and workout facilities in the Valley. I haven't personally been to another other Valley school's facilities, but do agree that ours are not a selling point for the athletics program.

More relevant today:

ACES: 72
SALUKIS: 65

I expect a close hard fought game, but I really don't know how we're gonna come out 9 days removed from a road win. I'm hoping for a wider margin, but the performances in Hawaii show SIU are improving. It also seems they are finally getting their core guys, that have been out, back on the court.

Is this Chris Lowery's last game coaching in his hometown vs. the ACES?
The Color Purple
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby pafan » December 29th, 2011, 5:54 pm

The Color Purple wrote:In talking with some of the student athletes from all different teams at UE, they all believe we have the worst practice and workout facilities in the Valley. I haven't personally been to another other Valley school's facilities, but do agree that ours are not a selling point for the athletics program.

I have no doubt that this is the case. The Carson Center is something like 100,000 square feet. That includes the athletic offices, the coaches' offices for all UE's sports, an indoor track, Wyttenbach Pool, the student fitness center, and the athletic training facility. In large part, UE's teams practice in a facility that is the same as it was in the college dvision days. (Carson Center was renovated in 1989-90, finally adding new space for Title IX sports)

Is this Chris Lowery's last game coaching in his hometown vs. the ACES?

I hope so.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Aargh » December 29th, 2011, 7:08 pm

With what happened last night and the games coming up this weekend, it's odd to hear Fox Sports call this game the "Missouri Valley Conference Game of the Week".
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » December 29th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Aces up 28-11. Seems like an SIU turnover on every possession.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby shocktheheart » December 29th, 2011, 7:37 pm

What is the least amount of conference wins a team won in a season? Whatever it is, SIU may compete for that record. So sad they have fallen this far in such a short time. Even worse then some of the WSU teams in the 90's
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball