Northern Iowa at Illinois State - 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Northern Iowa at Illinois State - 7pm

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 29th, 2011, 10:21 pm

The Panthers took 20 more shots than the Red Birds and lost by 4.

That was a tough loss.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rally » December 29th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:It's simple. MSU did not hurt the Valley, Creighton did not hurt the Valley, Northern Iowa did not hurt the Valley. ILLINOIS STATE hurt the Valley. Not by beating Northern Iowa, you can't fault them for that. But the bottom of the toilet bowl scheduling HURT the Valley. It is every team's collective responsibility to schedule as difficult as reasonably possible, and Illinois State failed. Now the whole conference will take a huge hit every time Illinois State wins a game. Ironic thing is, Illinois State is probably better than its 200+ RPI indicates, and that's EXACTLY the problem.

UNI's SOS actually went up from #7 in the country to #4 in the country AFTER playing Illinois State. Illinois State's RPI will jump to around #137. The conference isn't taking a huge hit from Illinois State's scheduling.
rally
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » December 30th, 2011, 2:50 am

Rutgers beat (10)Florida so that should help as well.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » December 30th, 2011, 2:53 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:It's simple. MSU did not hurt the Valley, Creighton did not hurt the Valley, Northern Iowa did not hurt the Valley. ILLINOIS STATE hurt the Valley. Not by beating Northern Iowa, you can't fault them for that. But the bottom of the toilet bowl scheduling HURT the Valley. It is every team's collective responsibility to schedule as difficult as reasonably possible, and Illinois State failed. Now the whole conference will take a huge hit every time Illinois State wins a game. Ironic thing is, Illinois State is probably better than its 200+ RPI indicates, and that's EXACTLY the problem.

This was predicted well before the game was played. No surprise here. Let's see how conference play goes before we get crazy blaming isu. We actually have tried to do more scheduling this year than we have the last 3.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 30th, 2011, 5:35 am

I watched some of the game. Ill state is much better than I thought they were. It's a little daunting to think how many quality teams there are in the MVC. Are there any true bottom feeders other than SIU? I don't think there are. Other than Southern I think anyone could beat anyone on any given night. And even SIU seems to be improving.

Congrats to Ill State.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » December 30th, 2011, 1:46 pm

glm38 wrote:I watched some of the game. Ill state is much better than I thought they were. It's a little daunting to think how many quality teams there are in the MVC. Are there any true bottom feeders other than SIU? I don't think there are. Other than Southern I think anyone could beat anyone on any given night. And even SIU seems to be improving.

Congrats to Ill State.

Bradley
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball