Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Postby WSUbballer » January 1st, 2012, 11:50 pm

In all seriousness, Ryan is a good basketball player. He does put up quite a bit of garbage points though. That was my main point. Even a few UE fans have said such in the past.

It was a good win for Evansville but again it was only game 2.

Looks like my first prediction is coming true a bit early.

And then comes in AceDad with the typical philosophical ramblings after a couple of Aces victories. That never gets old. I'm sure we'll hear the whole "Evansville, the mighty underdog will try to take on the Shockers, who are supposed to win" shtick that we've NEVER heard from before here.. :roll:

I realize the juices are flowing tonight AceDad after the upset, but pipe it down a bit. I don't know why you got so offended with the innocent "blood bath" remark. It was a term used to describe what could be a great game coming up on Wednesday and you flew off the handle with it.

In regards to the RPI, did I say RPI was a determining factor in basketball games. NO. I said the outcome tonight once again lowers the Valley stature. Having a 200 RPI school out in front makes the conference look weaker to the outside audiences. Do you agree or disagree with that statement? Hopefully you can answer without the damn blinders on all the time.

Jeebus.

Good win ACES.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » January 1st, 2012, 11:50 pm

double post...nm
Last edited by WSUbballer on January 1st, 2012, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » January 1st, 2012, 11:52 pm

sixth ace wrote:Hey Baller I got an extra ticket for Wednesday,my wife can't make it You want it?

Thanks for the offer sixth ace but a 600 mile trip is not in the cards for Wednesday night. But believe me, if it was, I'd take you up on it.

Good win tonight. Enjoy it. :Cheers:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 2nd, 2012, 12:09 am

WSUbballer wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Hey Baller I got an extra ticket for Wednesday,my wife can't make it You want it?

Thanks for the offer sixth ace but a 600 mile trip is not in the cards for Wednesday night. But believe me, if it was, I'd take you up on it.

Good win tonight. Enjoy it. :Cheers:

Sorry you can't make it, Baller

GREAT NIGHT TO BE AN ACES FAN!!!!

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:
:dance: :dance: :dance:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:buddies: :buddies: :buddies:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 2nd, 2012, 12:11 am

Baller, you bring out the best in all of us :(
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 2nd, 2012, 12:12 am

UE 71 wrote:I was fortunate to see Larry Bird many times during his career at ISUb and the one thing that stood out is that he took control of games when it was needed Every team needs that one person who can make the difference and the Aces have Colt Ryan.

It's a shame for the Valley that the ghost of Larry Bird didn't swoop in to lift Evansville over the mighty Fighting Techsters from Tennessee Tech. At home.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » January 2nd, 2012, 12:33 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
UE 71 wrote:I was fortunate to see Larry Bird many times during his career at ISUb and the one thing that stood out is that he took control of games when it was needed Every team needs that one person who can make the difference and the Aces have Colt Ryan.

It's a shame for the Valley that the ghost of Larry Bird didn't swoop in to lift Evansville over the mighty Fighting Techsters from Tennessee Tech. At home.

It is called "basketball." In basketball you have some good games and some not so good games, including teams that have a Bird or a Mammal as their mascot. Kind of like the game Creighton had the other night :huh: Was that.................at......................home?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » January 2nd, 2012, 5:56 am

WSUbballer wrote:
I bet he still ends up hitting his PPG avg, of course by that time, they'll be all garbage points. What a shocker.

Good call.
Last edited by FeartheQ on January 2nd, 2012, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby FeartheQ » January 2nd, 2012, 5:57 am

Aces1982 wrote:A garbage 3 to cut it to 3??

Aces1982 wrote:7 quick "garbage" points.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jays26 » January 2nd, 2012, 8:52 am

MVCfans wrote:
BradleyBrave wrote:I loved Evansville +14.5...wasn't expecting a straight up win. Colt was a ton in the 2nd half. Nice win.

I did too... but I also thought Illinois State would win and going 50% doesn't pay the bills :Violin:

:+1:

I did the same thing but thankfully I also won on the Giants last night. That was only a 3 point spread. I should have put more on those 2 games.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball