Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Postby glm38 » January 2nd, 2012, 9:03 am

Ace Dad wrote:Baller, you bring out the best in all of us :(

The sad thing is I think it's pretty clear that he delights in baiting opposing fans. If we all just ignored him he would probably stop. But it's hard to ignore someone making inflammatory remarks about something you care about (our teams and players).
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » January 2nd, 2012, 9:21 am

Nice win for UE. After seeing UNI the other night and on TV yesterday, I think this might have been more of an indicator or what we'll see from UNI the rest of the season than what we'll see from Evansville.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 2nd, 2012, 10:57 am

Ace Dad wrote:It is called "basketball." In basketball you have some good games and some not so good games, including teams that have a Bird or a Mammal as their mascot. Kind of like the game Creighton had the other night :huh: Was that.................at......................home?

I can only assume this is a joke? In case it wasn't, Missouri State's RPI: 59. Tennessee Tech's RPI: 220, with losses to basketball juggernauts Appalachian State, Kennesaw State, and SIU-Edwardsville. Additionally, no one from Creighton compared their go-to guy to one of the best players in all of basketball history and always willed them to victory when needed.

Bottom line, Evansville is on a nice little roll and looks like they are capable of finishing above the play-in game, which is a lot higher than we had them last week. My advice, before the Larry Bird analogies start floating down the Ohio River, take a breath. We're just two games into this thing and right now, Evansville's god-awful non-conference record has yet to be cancelled out by a decent conference start.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » January 2nd, 2012, 12:08 pm

glm38 wrote:

The sad thing is I think it's pretty clear that he delights in baiting opposing fans. If we all just ignored him he would probably stop. But it's hard to ignore someone making inflammatory remarks about something you care about (our teams and players).

+10
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » January 2nd, 2012, 12:21 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:It is called "basketball." In basketball you have some good games and some not so good games, including teams that have a Bird or a Mammal as their mascot. Kind of like the game Creighton had the other night :huh: Was that.................at......................home?

I can only assume this is a joke? In case it wasn't, Missouri State's RPI: 59. Tennessee Tech's RPI: 220, with losses to basketball juggernauts Appalachian State, Kennesaw State, and SIU-Edwardsville. Additionally, no one from Creighton compared their go-to guy to one of the best players in all of basketball history and always willed them to victory when needed.

Bottom line, Evansville is on a nice little roll and looks like they are capable of finishing above the play-in game, which is a lot higher than we had them last week. My advice, before the Larry Bird analogies start floating down the Ohio River, take a breath. We're just two games into this thing and right now, Evansville's god-awful non-conference record has yet to be cancelled out by a decent conference start.

Have to agree, it would gave been nice to see Colt show up against non conference opponents although same could be said about Weems as well. Just looks bad when a team looksike dog crap during non con and then looks like a different team when conference play rolls around (although UNI looking really bad had some part in it).
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 2nd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Red wrote:Nice win for UE. After seeing UNI the other night and on TV yesterday, I think this might have been more of an indicator or what we'll see from UNI the rest of the season than what we'll see from Evansville.

If you wish to think that this is the way UNI will play the rest of the year, please feel free to ingrain that in your coaches' and players' thoughts as well. UNI has played much better and I trust they will again. As fasn we knew there were going to be periods of inconsistency, we just hoped that they would have showed more in the pre-season than once conference started. Ball protection and defense have been hallmarks of Coach Jake's teams and they have been off the last couple games. Fortunately, those are correctable issues.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » January 2nd, 2012, 2:01 pm

FeartheQ wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
I bet he still ends up hitting his PPG avg, of course by that time, they'll be all garbage points. What a shocker.

Good call.

Thanks.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » January 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

glm38 wrote:

Look, I've had about enough of your lip, noob. I ignored your first comment for the good of the thread, because guess what? This thread isn't about me. But, that's 2 in a row now from you regarding me. If you have a problem with me, you can PM me at any time, instead of polluting the thread with non-basketball-related jargon. Practice what you're preaching and ignore me then instead of taking the time, not once, but twice to call me out for BS.

Bring something basketball-related to the table or shut it.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » January 2nd, 2012, 2:07 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:

Have to agree, it would gave been nice to see Colt show up against non conference opponents although same could be said about Weems as well. Just looks bad when a team looksike dog crap during non con and then looks like a different team when conference play rolls around (although UNI looking really bad had some part in it).

That's what I pretty much was trying to say in a nutshell, but a couple of posters got bent up about because "I" was the one who was stating such.

I even attempted to amend my original post and credit Ryan but apparently that means zilch. I bet I have and will give more credit to anything Evansville does on here than any fan from Evansville or Indiana State doing the same for my team. That's how the world works I guess.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 2nd, 2012, 4:35 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
I ignored your first comment for the good of the thread

Bring something basketball-related to the table or shut it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball