Illinois State at SIU - 2pm on ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Illinois State at SIU - 2pm on ESPN3

Postby glm38 » January 2nd, 2012, 5:48 pm

Wufan wrote:Casey, time and again you show yourself to be ignorant about basketball. SIU has been GAWDAFUL!!! What else would you expect for people to think about them? This is their first win of any substance. Perhaps they will be improved and move forward to win 7+ games, but why weren't you saying that before they played this one? Man up and make a prediction BEFOREHAND. Don't come out here and say "I told you so," when you were silent on the matter previously.

Also of note in the bears thread. Patterson is no where near an NBA player. Perhaps after 4 years in Europe he will develop what he currently lacks, but right not...not a chance. Also, no one bows down to the defending conference champs when the coaching staff and four previous starters are no longer on the team. You have to earn respect every year. The Bears have made a nice statement to start conference play. If they continue to play like this you will get all kinds of praise.

Now, please stop blowing with the wind and making bold predictions based on a single game. Pay attention to everything that is going on.

:+1: Well said as usual.

I'd also like to say you really can't blame SIU fans for poor attendance. If the product just isn't that good then people won't show up. Except the absolute die hards. When SIU (not if) gets things turned around of course the fans will come back.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockerengr » January 2nd, 2012, 6:19 pm

glm38 wrote:

I'd also like to say you really can't blame SIU fans for poor attendance. If the product just isn't that good then people won't show up. Except the absolute die hards. When SIU (not if) gets things turned around of course the fans will come back.

I think SIU has hit the point this year where even diehards are staying away in the hopes of forcing change
shockerengr
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » January 2nd, 2012, 9:27 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Nice win for the Salukis but that building looked so empty. What else is there to do in southern Illinois where only 2,000 people bother to come? Is there some sort of cultural event in Marion that is more appealing?

The freshman from Kentucky that plays for SIUC impressed me. He looked more comfortable at small forward. Lowery might have found something there.

Nice win for CLo. He has been an escape goat for a lot of problems at SIUC that go beyond his pay level. That AD was foolish for giving him that kind of contract but nobody mentions that.

SIUC is going to be a force this year. I think they could win 7-9 games in the MVC.The early reports of there demise seem to have been greatly exaggerated.

I thought Lowery was a goat, but not an escape goat. What is an escape goat, anyway? Is that the goat that broke out of the zoo?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » January 2nd, 2012, 9:54 pm

Wonder what dawgiestyle is thinking about SIU?
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » January 2nd, 2012, 11:36 pm

MoValley John wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Nice win for the Salukis but that building looked so empty. What else is there to do in southern Illinois where only 2,000 people bother to come? Is there some sort of cultural event in Marion that is more appealing?

The freshman from Kentucky that plays for SIUC impressed me. He looked more comfortable at small forward. Lowery might have found something there.

Nice win for CLo. He has been an escape goat for a lot of problems at SIUC that go beyond his pay level. That AD was foolish for giving him that kind of contract but nobody mentions that.

SIUC is going to be a force this year. I think they could win 7-9 games in the MVC.The early reports of there demise seem to have been greatly exaggerated.

I thought Lowery was a goat, but not an escape goat. What is an escape goat, anyway? Is that the goat that broke out of the zoo?

:lol: :lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » January 3rd, 2012, 8:43 am

Well I know this poor guy wasn't the "escape goat".
Attachments
goat.jpg
goat.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » January 3rd, 2012, 10:37 am

shockerengr wrote:
glm38 wrote:

I think SIU has hit the point this year where even diehards are staying away in the hopes of forcing change
This is very true. I mailed the AD's office a copy of the check I sent to SLU this year.

I went to the opening game at the new arena but have not been to, watched or listened to a game since. Outside of lurking here, posting in Salukitalks off-topic board, I am having nothing to do with SIU basketball until CLO is gone.
:rock:
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » January 3rd, 2012, 1:39 pm

CLo had his boys rolling against the Birds.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball