cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Ill State @ MSU (7PM Jan 4)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdmanBB » January 4th, 2012, 9:33 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I don't know about the press but it was late and he had to do something. I credit Lusk for at least trying something different.

I absolutely hate excuses but with Caleb out and our shots just not falling, it just felt like everything was conspiring against us. We still almost never get a friendly whistle from the refs even at home where you expect to get some extra calls. I hate to say it but this was more about us losing the game than Illinois State winning it. Hopefully we can some payback in Normal.

Outside of the SIU game we actually hold teams pretty well on their shooting numbers. I thought we played great D in this one, but have to admit, the key to the game was Weems sitting for most of the 1st half. He rallied late, but you would have to wonder if Lusk rolled the dice with him the 1st half things might have been different.

However, not sure it was more about Missouri St. playing bad than ISU playing well. We made some clutch shots everytime Missouri St. was threatening to come back.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 4th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Illinois State seems decent. The Minnesota Gopher transfer looked pretty good. Forgetting his name right now. I like Jankovic. And he has a good staff with Beane as a recruiter and a great bench coach in Rob Judson. Top 3-4 staff in the conference.

I don't mean to take away from the Redbirds win. They did enough but we sure seemed to really help them.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 4th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Just got back from the game. Very disappointing. Rebounding (or lack thereof) is our Achilles heel this year in my opinion.

Congrats to Illinois State.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » January 4th, 2012, 10:00 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
LJay wrote:Thud...the sound of falling back to earth.

I watched this online and that wasn't the same team that was in Omaha.

Profound, Patterson out and gulley and downing sick, still not as bad as that showing. Gotta rebound.

Kirk tonight played better than Patterson in Omaha.

MCDermott was puking before the Tulsa game and spitting bile into a cup every time he came off the floor and scored 35. Nut up.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » January 4th, 2012, 10:09 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I hate to say it but this was more about us losing the game than Illinois State winning it. Hopefully we can some payback in Normal.

I agree with this. The webcast I watched had the MSU broadcasters (solid broadcast) and late in the game they said that Illie State was 2-12 from 2 but 5-12 from 3 in the second half. It actually felt that way watching the game. Kinda ugly. Some of those 3's came after offensive rebounds.

Anyway, in the Valley this year anybody on any night........
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FeartheQ » January 5th, 2012, 12:05 am

Bad loss. Tough one on Saturday. Gotta shoot the ball better
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUBear42 » January 5th, 2012, 7:14 am

LJay wrote:MCDermott was puking before the Tulsa game and spitting bile into a cup every time he came off the floor and scored 35. Nut up.

He should've turned water into medicine and he would have scored 60+.

Awful awful game. ISU out-hustled, out-played, out-everything'd us last night. AWFUL game.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » January 5th, 2012, 7:20 am

The ups and downs of a team are certainly more pronounced with new players and new coaches. Execution and results are likely to be all over the place for the Bears this season, but you can see that the Bears are going to be competing at a high level for years to come.

Congrats to Ill St. I've liked the personnel on this years Redbirds team all along, but have felt (as with many) that Jank has under-produced. Ill St. is one of many very competent teams in this years Valley.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » January 5th, 2012, 8:12 am

FeartheQ wrote:Tough one on Saturday.

Looks like this can be said for every game this year (with the possible exception of matchups with Bradley).
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball