Indiana State @ UNI (1/4/12 - 7pm)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ UNI (1/4/12 - 7pm)

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 4th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:UNI wins by 17, don't be betting on ISU anymore folks.

I don't think many were in the first place.

Oh Snaggle, don't be a meanie.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » January 5th, 2012, 8:02 am

2livewu wrote:A Panther loss and they'll be 0-3 and still have 6 games against CU, MSU and WSU, meaning only 4-5 games in conference that they will likely be favored to win are left on the schedule.

Lose tonight and brace yourselves for Thursday evening Panther fans.

Boy am I ever so glad we won since we clearly have no shot at the invincible three.... :huh:
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » January 5th, 2012, 8:25 am

We needed that one desperately. Glad to get in the win column.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby StateAlum » January 5th, 2012, 8:45 am

It's clear that Odum's foot is a big deal... I vote we sit him for the next 2-3 games. Give him a bit to heal.

10-4 no reason to jump off the band wagon yet. Last year the Sycs were 7-7. Win the ones at home, and steal a few roads and we're right back in the thick of it.

We're 1-2 in the MOVAL, leaders are @ 2-1. Don't write the Sycs off yet!!
StateAlum
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby FearDaTrees » January 5th, 2012, 12:35 pm

I wouldn't say it's time to jump ship yet. 10-4 with a road win against Vanderbilt doesn't mean your season is over. Big deal we lost a couple early conference games, so what. The Syc's will be fine trust me. Everyone will agree after we beat MSU.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jays26 » January 5th, 2012, 1:36 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:I wouldn't say it's time to jump ship yet. 10-4 with a road win against Vanderbilt doesn't mean your season is over. Big deal we lost a couple early conference games, so what. The Syc's will be fine trust me. Everyone will agree after we beat MSU.

Not trying to take a shot at the Syc's but you have said that before. And it is a big deal that your team has already lost 2 conf games. Your team has not performed as most have said they would and with Odum having issues I think you guys are in for a long season.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » January 5th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I think the bigger issue with ISU is not Odum's foot but their lack of depth. Really only 7 deep and no one really in the post after Walker. Even Coach Jacobson wanted UNI to push in transition to try and wear them down and fatigue was certainly a factor in the last 6 minutes when the game was put away. ISU had just enough to get close, but were out of gas when they needed to get over the hump.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » January 5th, 2012, 8:11 pm

The bench play is a concern with me. I think R.J will get hot as we get deeper in the conf. schedule and that extra 10+ pts here and there really goes a long way. I'm not sure how to check this stat but is there any way I can check how many charges R.J has taken this year? It seems like he has at least 3 a game.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PowderBlue » January 6th, 2012, 10:23 am

Bench play is a concern, but depth was one of the last things this year's team was supposed to have to worry about. Gant was a pretty highly touted recruit, and Kitchell was getting BCS love during his recruitment. Those two have to play better inside. RJ will get his, he's been streaky all throughout college; but some consistency from him would go a long way toward making depth less of a problem.

1-2 doesn't bug me too much right now. It's hard to win on the road in the valley. ISU will need to steal a few if they want to be a top 3 team and they can't afford any losses to Thursday teams (assuming Drake isn't a Thursday team).

*EDIT*

I would like to see Lansing tinker with the rotation a bit. I know he likes Lathan's energy off the bench, but he has arguably been the most consistent player on the team this year and has cut back on his stupid decisions a ton this year.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » January 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:I wouldn't say it's time to jump ship yet. 10-4 with a road win against Vanderbilt doesn't mean your season is over. Big deal we lost a couple early conference games, so what. The Syc's will be fine trust me. Everyone will agree after we beat MSU.

That's a negative.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball