Southern Illinois @ Bradley (Weds.)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Southern Illinois @ Bradley (Weds.)

Postby Wufan » January 4th, 2012, 11:14 pm

MoValley John wrote:For some reason, Bradley did this chat room thing for the game. I got out my Proxy Server 3000 and took a gander. Some of the natives are a bit restless in Peoria. Here is the last entry I saw.

da coach: just hope the powers that demanded accountability from JL last year when he had 2 stars out all year demand some accountability for this debacle.

The BU vs WSU thread was deleted a day or two after the game because Tornado and da coach were in disagreement with others as to whether or not Jim should have been fired.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby saluki762 » January 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Southern Illinois seems like a pretty uplifting story. Everyone was laughing at them after the Ohio Dominican game and that never stopped. Even some of there own fans were rooting against the team. Good to see them winning despite the odds. I've said it before but I will say it again, they will win 7-9 league games, hey after tonight maybe that is even being conservative. They will be the one team that everyone will dread playing down the stretch run. Good for Coach Lowery and AD Mario Moccia.

If SIU wins 9 league games, I will tattoo Chris Lowery's face on my upper arm and cover the cost of an MVCFans luxury suite in STL.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » January 5th, 2012, 8:18 am

saluki762 wrote:If SIU wins 9 league games, I will tattoo Chris Lowery's face on my upper arm and cover the cost of an MVCFans luxury suite in STL.

:Yea!: Go Dawgs :Yea!:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby TylerDurden » January 5th, 2012, 10:18 am

saluki762 wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Southern Illinois seems like a pretty uplifting story. Everyone was laughing at them after the Ohio Dominican game and that never stopped. Even some of there own fans were rooting against the team. Good to see them winning despite the odds. I've said it before but I will say it again, they will win 7-9 league games, hey after tonight maybe that is even being conservative. They will be the one team that everyone will dread playing down the stretch run. Good for Coach Lowery and AD Mario Moccia.

If SIU wins 9 league games, I will tattoo Chris Lowery's face on my upper arm and cover the cost of an MVCFans luxury suite in STL.

You only get to play BU twice :)
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » January 5th, 2012, 11:23 am

Nice win SIU. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw out of the Dawgs. I know they had been improving. Of course, when the only time I see your team play is when they play Bradley then every team will look pretty appealing to me.

I did like some of the younger guys on the SIU roster. There is athleticism there. When they make shots they can be tough to beat (novel concept I know). I don't think Lowery saves his job but I think SIU can win six league games. All they really have to find is three more after they beat Bradley a second time.

As for Bradley---the roster is horrible. Doormat of the Valley right now. Unless Geno Ford is allowed to completely purge the roster then it will be three or four years until respectability. Hopefully the AD and President will let him get rid of about 50-60% of the roster after this season.

I do think Shayok Shayok has the potential to be a decent player in the future.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » January 5th, 2012, 11:50 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I do think Shayok Shayok has the potential to be a decent player in the future.

Agreed. Add in the fact Geno doesn't like to play freshmen, is telling.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby landmark » January 5th, 2012, 5:32 pm

da coach's thoughts and a respone....

Originally Posted by Da Coach

I am not going to comment much, because there really isn't much to say. I would rather invite the apologists and the coaching change advocates to come on here and give us their excuses for the debacle we witnessed tonight.

Un-ban them first.
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » January 5th, 2012, 6:55 pm

landmark wrote:da coach's thoughts and a respone....

I am not going to comment much, because there really isn't much to say. I would rather invite the apologists and the coaching change advocates to come on here and give us their excuses for the debacle we witnessed tonight.

Un-ban them first.

But only discuss the problems this year without even hinting it has anything to do with the talent (or lack thereof) that Geno had when he got to BU. That's not on JL - he would have won with those same players. :huh:
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 6th, 2012, 10:28 am

Aargh wrote:
landmark wrote:da coach's thoughts and a respone....

Un-ban them first.

But only discuss the problems this year without even hinting it has anything to do with the talent (or lack thereof) that Geno had when he got to BU. That's not on JL - he would have won with those same players. :huh:

A coaching staff of John Wooden, Phil Jackson, Vince Lombardi, and Dean Smith with Tony LaRussa as Director of Operations wouldn't win with this group of players.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball