Non Conference: WKU Fires Head Coach

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » January 6th, 2012, 10:59 am

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku-f ... 3ce6c.html

Another example of "win or go find another job." College basketball coaching is a brutal profession. The only good news is they pay you to go home.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Non Conference: WKU Fires Head Coach

Postby shocktheheart » January 6th, 2012, 11:01 am

And this is how they lost his last game....I would have stranggled one of those refs

http://www.ballinisahabit.net/2012/01/v ... um=twitter
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » January 6th, 2012, 11:11 am

shocktheheart wrote:And this is how they lost his last game....I would have stranggled one of those refs

How does the coaching staff not notice this beforehand and go nuts? How do the players not realize there is a guy going unguarded? I'm not trying to deflect blame from the refs, but the players and coaches have got to be more aware.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby omahaben » January 6th, 2012, 12:21 pm

havoc wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:And this is how they lost his last game....I would have stranggled one of those refs

How does the coaching staff not notice this beforehand and go nuts? How do the players not realize there is a guy going unguarded? I'm not trying to deflect blame from the refs, but the players and coaches have got to be more aware.

s***, how's the other team's coach not notice that and pull someone off the floor? I can't believe that was intentional, cause if you get caught you lose.
omahaben
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RoyalShock » January 6th, 2012, 12:28 pm

omahaben wrote:
havoc wrote:

s***, how's the other team's coach not notice that and pull someone off the floor? I can't believe that was intentional, cause if you get caught you lose.

If your team doesn't score on that possession, you probably lose, too. Yes, it's a little bit of a stretch to assume it was intentional. But it's not totally out of the realm of possibility either.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby shocktheheart » January 6th, 2012, 12:29 pm

havoc wrote:

Remember in the second half WKU's coach is on the other side of the court. Don't know if he noticed or not, but you can tell by the video some fans with front court seats did and were yelling at the ref. Bad way to lose and those refs need suspended as they should be counting the number of players on the court before the ball is inbounded.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 6th, 2012, 1:47 pm

The Hilltoppers gave Louisville all they could handle around Christmas time...I guess close isn't good enough.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 6th, 2012, 1:51 pm

havoc wrote:

Players are not going to notice. The player is guarding his man. Or the player is guarding his zone.

There is an Assistant Coach who is responsible for counting his team's players and the other team's players at each "throw in." I bet the WKU Asst Coach was "so into the game", he neglected his duties.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » January 6th, 2012, 1:59 pm

shocktheheart wrote:Remember in the second half WKU's coach is on the other side of the court. Don't know if he noticed or not, but you can tell by the video some fans with front court seats did and were yelling at the ref. Bad way to lose and those refs need suspended as they should be counting the number of players on the court before the ball is inbounded.

I realize the WKU coaching staff is on the other side of the court, but unless they all have pretty bad vision, it should be pretty simple to see there were 6 red uniforms on the floor.

Regardless, judging by the video, having 6 players didn't seem to really impact the final play. One player basically stood unguarded on the weak side elbow the entire play.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby xsaluki » January 6th, 2012, 2:33 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:The Hilltoppers gave Louisville all they could handle around Christmas time...I guess close isn't good enough.

The Louisville Ragin Cajuns... ;)
xsaluki
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball