UNI @ Drake Jan 7 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI @ Drake Jan 7 7pm

Postby DUBulldog » January 7th, 2012, 9:59 pm

getreal4 wrote:Sure wish Coach Jake was in Des Moines. Hard to support MP

I just posted on the Drake board that I'm convinced that if you swapped the two coaches, and kept the rosters the same that Drake wins this game by 15 points.

Not a lot of students there, due to break, but with about 1:30 left in the game there was a "Fire Phelps" chant coming from the student section.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dawg_tired » January 7th, 2012, 10:14 pm

I'm cheering for all the Valley teams against Drake this year. The harder you beat us, the sooner the Phelps disaster ends.
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » January 7th, 2012, 10:25 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

I just posted on the Drake board that I'm convinced that if you swapped the two coaches, and kept the rosters the same that Drake wins this game by 15 points.

Not a lot of students there, due to break, but with about 1:30 left in the game there was a "Fire Phelps" chant coming from the student section.

Jake is clearly the better coach, but do you really feel you have better talent than UNI, by a wide margin, that a coach alone makes a 30 point swing?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 7th, 2012, 10:38 pm

uniftw wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

Jake is clearly the better coach, but do you really feel you have better talent than UNI, by a wide margin, that a coach alone makes a 30 point swing?

No, I think the talent is fairly even, although you'd never know it by watching Drake tonight. I think whichever of those teams Jacobson coaches beats the other coached by Phelps by 15.

Jacobson is an absolute master of building an offense around the strengths of his individual players. If he signed a guy who could only make 12 foot jump shots from a 30 degree angle on the left side of the bucket, he'd find a way to get that guy that shot several times a game. Other than "give the ball to Rayvonte and get the hell out of the way", Phelps doesn't appear to have an offensive scheme. He doesn't find a way to get his shooters open shots. Jacobson's offense got James at least 10 wide open shots. How many open shots did Ben Simons have today?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PantherSigEp » January 7th, 2012, 11:49 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

I, and some of my Panther travel mates, have never been fond of the Drake student section. They seem to have the lowest bball IQ of all of the MVC student sections IMO.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » January 8th, 2012, 1:28 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

I, and some of my Panther travel mates, have never been fond of the Drake student section. They seem to have the lowest bball IQ of all of the MVC student sections IMO.

Lowest basketball IQ? Really? May I ask what evidence you're basing that assertion on? Personally I'm guessing that it's a lot higher than UNI's.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 8th, 2012, 8:50 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

:huh: I'm not seeing the connection between what you quoted from me, and what you posted. I hope that you're not implying that chanting "fire Phelps" equates to a low basketball IQ. I'm guessing you just wanted a chance to do some gratuitous Drake bashing, but I'm not sure why you quoted me.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Duan » January 8th, 2012, 9:21 am

Ummmmm, I would take any Drake student's IQ over any UNI student's IQ! That is a no brainer!
Drake brains > UNI brains.....does not matter what the topic is and this is not coming from a Drake fan. Sorry MVC Fans but I could not let this one go.
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 8th, 2012, 9:36 am

So you are saying every single student at Drake is smarter than the smartest person at UNI? Just because someone goes to Drake doesn't mean they are automatically smarter than someone who chooses to go to UNI.

The strange thing is once you group people together the collective IQ goes way down. You get 500 people together and 1 idiot starts chanting something stupid, and guess what the rest of the group usually follows suit. Happens EVERYWHERE!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Duan » January 8th, 2012, 10:05 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:Happens EVERYWHERE!

Then maybe you should tell your PantherSigEp that.
And yes, in any contest requiring brains I would pick the Drake student over the UNI one.
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball