MSU @ Ind State (12 PM Sat)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU @ Ind State (12 PM Sat)

Postby glm38 » January 8th, 2012, 3:59 pm

MSUBears wrote:In my opinion, Odem's foul on the break away at the end of the game was no more or no less intentional than the one called on Sheer in the first half - and both fouls were called by the same ref. I don't care how he calls them but he should have been consistent. While it did not happen in this game, nothing worse than a ref's inconsistency determining a game.

Unfortunately I think that's just typical Valley officiating. It's rarely in one team's favor (which is good) but the inconsistency can drive us (and I'm sure the coaches and players) crazy.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 8th, 2012, 5:16 pm

glm38 wrote:
MSUBears wrote:In my opinion, Odem's foul on the break away at the end of the game was no more or no less intentional than the one called on Sheer in the first half - and both fouls were called by the same ref. I don't care how he calls them but he should have been consistent. While it did not happen in this game, nothing worse than a ref's inconsistency determining a game.

Unfortunately I think that's just typical Valley officiating. It's rarely in one team's favor (which is good) but the inconsistency can drive us (and I'm sure the coaches and players) crazy.

LMAO - I agree. If there is one thing you can say about the refs we seem to get for the most part, it is that they are consistently inconsistent.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BearChief » January 8th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Really?

Scheer went to grab the player around the body while he was still on the floor. He didn't make any attempt at the ball. BIG difference. There is a difference between a hard foul and an intentional foul.
BearChief
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby beatingrillz » January 8th, 2012, 9:02 pm

Under the new rules they both were flagrant, however lusk has to ask go the review on the hit to the head. Odum is quickly becoming an average player and it is frustrating to him and the fans.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » January 10th, 2012, 11:08 am

beatingrillz wrote:Under the new rules they both were flagrant, however lusk has to ask go the review on the hit to the head. Odum is quickly becoming an average player and it is frustrating to him and the fans.

You need to learn what a flagrant foul is, because neither were flagrant.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUBear42 » January 10th, 2012, 1:35 pm

troutangler wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:Under the new rules they both were flagrant, however lusk has to ask go the review on the hit to the head. Odum is quickly becoming an average player and it is frustrating to him and the fans.

You need to learn what a flagrant foul is, because neither were flagrant.

Maybe your Junior High games have different rules, but both fouls were flagrant.

An example of a Flagrant 1 foul would be a player who swings an elbow and makes non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders. The team whose player was struck would receive two free throws and possession of the ball.

An example of a Flagrant 2 foul would be a player who swings an elbow excessively and makes contact with an opponent above the shoulders. In this case, the player who threw the elbow would be ejected from the game, and the other team would receive two free throws and the ball
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball