MSU @ Ind State (12 PM Sat)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU @ Ind State (12 PM Sat)

Postby isumvc1 » January 7th, 2012, 2:13 pm

well, guess we'll see who else cares to join us on Thursday in St. Louis because we're there for sure.

congrats on the win MSU
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 7th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Nice win for the Bears. Especially since we played like dog**** for the entire 1st half.

I still don't see Ind State as a Thursday team though. Odum sure doesn't seem like the same player this year? My guess is that his foot injury is really bothering him.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby getreal4 » January 7th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Another big win for Mo St First yr coach may make some mistakes, helps to have a player like Weems!

Trees have to suck it up and beat EVille to salvage some pride
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PowderBlue » January 7th, 2012, 2:26 pm

glm38 wrote:I still don't see Ind State as a Thursday team though. Odum sure doesn't seem like the same player this year? My guess is that his foot injury is really bothering him.

Agreed and agreed.

When you're pegged as a top of the conference team, though, it's tough to watch you lose games you need to win to be a top of the conference team.

ISU needs someone to step up and be the 1st scoring option...maybe Lathan is going to be that guy? They also need something of an interior game. Gant and Kitchell didn't even see the floor today except from the bench.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby beatingrillz » January 7th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Odum is great at passing, jump passing, and bounce passing outside of that he is an offensive liability. He can't make anything outside of 7 ft.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby FeartheQ » January 7th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Good to get some early road wins.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bleach » January 7th, 2012, 8:22 pm

3-1 w/2 road wins at tough places. The one blemish is an ugly one though.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bearvision » January 7th, 2012, 9:13 pm

At start of year if someone offered me 3-1 after @ Creighton, Drake, ISUr, @ISUb I'd gladly accept that.

While it seems ugly to lose the ISUr one, the Bears have probably picked the three best ones to win (as long as ISUr doesn't surprise everyone and actually be relevant for the title this year).

I thought going small was a great coaching decision, rather than one that threw us out of sync, as I've read on here several times. It allowed us to attack basket, spread the floor, guard shooters, switch screens, and as long as we competed on the boards, it took ISU out of what they wanted to do offensively.

Coach was outcoached against ISUr, and that hurt, but he definitely won the battle of the benches today.

Good win Bears.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » January 7th, 2012, 9:46 pm

beatingrillz wrote:Odum is great at passing, jump passing, and bounce passing outside of that he is an offensive liability. He can't make anything outside of 7 ft.

No he doesn't seem to be a great shooter. But he sure knocked down some big ones last year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBears » January 8th, 2012, 11:30 am

In my opinion, Odem's foul on the break away at the end of the game was no more or no less intentional than the one called on Sheer in the first half - and both fouls were called by the same ref. I don't care how he calls them but he should have been consistent. While it did not happen in this game, nothing worse than a ref's inconsistency determining a game.
MSUBears
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball