Predictions over the next 9 days

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Predictions over the next 9 days

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Funny, Creighton was using the same tactics while on defense plus using a bull in the middle to just shove people around without even trying to establish position.

If it came from any other fanbase, I'd let it go, but UNI fans complaining about shoving people around? Funny stuff! If that is what you think happened, fine. And if it really was the case (which I don't believe) UNI was just served a dose of their own medicine. You win by the three, you die by the three, you win by the flop, you die by the flop. You win by clutching and pushing, you die by clutching and pushing. Deal with it.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » January 11th, 2012, 12:36 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Funny, Creighton was using the same tactics while on defense plus using a bull in the middle to just shove people around without even trying to establish position.

If it came from any other fanbase, I'd let it go, but UNI fans complaining about shoving people around? Funny stuff! If that is what you think happened, fine. And if it really was the case (which I don't believe) UNI was just served a dose of their own medicine. You win by the three, you die by the three, you win by the flop, you die by the flop. You win by clutching and pushing, you die by clutching and pushing. Deal with it.

Who said I was complaining? The post i was responding to apparently believed that we must be the only team in the wrold to play physical. I know Creighton is just a bunch of choir boys who never do anything wrong, I was simply pointing out that they actually were doing the same things, and even a little more since they have the 280lb gorilla to throw into the middle. Tough defense is a staple in this league. To say that only one or teams play a certain way is b.s. But hey, you want to pretend to be angels and ignore what's going on back at the rectory, fine.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2012, 1:51 pm

MoValley John wrote:If it came from any other fanbase, I'd let it go, but UNI fans complaining about shoving people around? Funny stuff! If that is what you think happened, fine. And if it really was the case (which I don't believe) UNI was just served a dose of their own medicine. You win by the three, you die by the three, you win by the flop, you die by the flop. You win by clutching and pushing, you die by clutching and pushing. Deal with it.

Khan4Cats wrote:Who said I was complaining? The post i was responding to apparently believed that we must be the only team in the wrold to play physical.
Obviously this is untrue as the post you responded to specifically discussed how BOTH MSU and UNI play the same way.
Khan4Cats wrote:I know Creighton is just a bunch of choir boys who never do anything wrong, I was simply pointing out that they actually were doing the same things, and even a little more since they have the 280lb gorilla to throw into the middle. Tough defense is a staple in this league. To say that only one or teams play a certain way is b.s. But hey, you want to pretend to be angels and ignore what's going on back at the rectory, fine.

You are missing the point; Creighton doesn't play this way and hasn't played this way this season. To the extent that what you claim took place last night (which I'm not sure is even entirely true BTW), it was because UNI forced the Jays to play that way. I suppose that would be a compliment in a way because you completely took the Jays out of their normal playing style, causing them to have to completely change the way they normally play.
Khan4Cats wrote:I know Creighton is just a bunch of choir boys who never do anything wrong, I was simply pointing out that they actually were doing the same things, and even a little more since they have the 280lb gorilla to throw into the middle.

Probably a good idea to stay away from gorilla and monkey references when referring to an African American. It is pretty offensive.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 11th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Interesting, nobody had a problem calling O'Rear a gorilla or a brute or Eglseder an ogre, etc.... I am sure you saintly folks from Omaha would NEVER stoop to anything as calling an opponent a name. I will stand by comment and I wish UNI had an effective big body/gorilla to throw in the middle ourselves-it's a heck of a weapon. And since when is Venezuela in Africa?

And as for complaining, the first instance occurred in the post that I responded too that was complaining/whining about physical play while ignoring the fact that their own team plays that way. I've watched them several times and they must be easily susceptible to playing that way because I've seen the grabbing/holding/pushing style used by Creighton in each of the games I've watched. It's easy to watch the world through tinted lenses if you believe everyone on 'your' side is a choir boy and NEVER does anything wrong. Delusional and stupid. But easy to do.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2012, 4:02 pm

I thought we called Egleseder Shrek. Is Shrek an Ogre? I'll have to ask my kids.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 11th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Shrek is an ogre, and ogres are like UNI: they both make Kansians cry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNZSxejC6M
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby 2livewu » January 12th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Good to see things are returning to the way they should be.

Let me add something. Until the officials begin calling the fake flops (and yes, I am staring DIRECTLY at UNI) as fouls, as they should,this crap is going to get more and more out of hand.

Nothing wrong at all with taking a charge....it's a great defensive play. But when they flop, and the Panthers do, you have to call them for it. It's not enough to just let them play on.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUBear42 » January 12th, 2012, 3:57 pm

2livewu wrote:Good to see things are returning to the way they should be.

Let me add something. Until the officials begin calling the fake flops (and yes, I am staring DIRECTLY at UNI) as fouls, as they should,this crap is going to get more and more out of hand.

Nothing wrong at all with taking a charge....it's a great defensive play. But when they flop, and the Panthers do, you have to call them for it. It's not enough to just let them play on.

I thought we were kings of the flop.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » January 12th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Man, what a garbage post this is from top to bottom.
Last edited by valleychamp on January 13th, 2012, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 12th, 2012, 5:36 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:

I thought we were kings of the flop.

The correct answer is this: The team I follow is the only team that DOES NOT do X, Y or Z and the officials always let the other teams get away with doing those things.

No Shocker has ever tried to sell an official of supposed contact made while taking a shot.

No Bluejay player has ever grabbed a jersey or shorts to slow a cutter down.

No Bear player has ever bounced off a screen like he just got drilled with a blind-side block from an All-Pro tackle.

No Brave has ever hurtled themselves backward as though run into by a Mack truck.

No Bulldog has ever kicked a leg out in an attempt to generate contact with a flashing defender and earn free throws.

No Redbird has ever leaned into a defender while setting a screen.

No Sycamore has ever given an extra shove just as the shot was in the air to gain space to get a rebound.

etc. etc. etc. :Violin:
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball