Predictions over the next 9 days

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Predictions over the next 9 days

Postby 2livewu » January 8th, 2012, 7:58 am

If I never see or hear the phrase "taking care of business" again, it will be too soon.

This is going to be an interesting stretch. While there is a chance for some separation, the biggest questions I think are going to be who from the bottom can climb to the crowded middle and who from the top will be sucked back to the middle.

A couple of teams are in real trouble, generally speaking, that probably didn't anticipate it. ISUB is in a world of trouble at 1-3 with 5 games left (3 roadies) against CU, WSU and MSU. At this point, just 1-4 in those 5 would be good news. All of a sudden Thursday is an inexplicable possibility for the Trees. UNI is 2-2 and hardly out of anything, but I'm pretty sure they expected to be 4-0, 3-1 at worse at this point, looking to a high conference finish.

SIU's decent play in conference today will eventually fall victim to terrible coaching and program apathy. Bradley's going to finish last. Who are the other 2 Thursday teams? Pretty much everyone outside CU, MSU and WSU can make a good case for Thursday inclusion. If the Redbirds can find a way to add WSU to their impressive start, they will all but pencil themselves into the Friday bracket. Drake has started slow, but the schedule has been brutal.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MSUDuo » January 8th, 2012, 6:06 pm

I think the Bears will go 4-0 in that stretch themselves as well to keep pace with CU and WSU
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby FeartheQ » January 8th, 2012, 8:18 pm

MSUDuo wrote:I think the Bears will go 4-0 in that stretch themselves as well to keep pace with CU and WSU

I do as well :Yea!:
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 8th, 2012, 8:51 pm

For MSU I'm hoping for 4-0 of course. But I'm thinking 3-1 may be more realistic.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » January 8th, 2012, 10:02 pm

glm38 wrote:For MSU I'm hoping for 4-0 of course. But I'm thinking 3-1 may be more realistic.

Cannot have a letdown against the Ugly Dawgs on Tuesday
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TampaMVCFan » January 10th, 2012, 12:50 am

Tuesday game predictions:

Evansville over Indiana State
Drake over Bradley
Missouri State over Southern Illinois
Wichita State over Illinois State
Creighton over Northern Iowa
TampaMVCFan
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MSUBear42 » January 10th, 2012, 7:35 am

MSUDuo wrote:
glm38 wrote:For MSU I'm hoping for 4-0 of course. But I'm thinking 3-1 may be more realistic.

Cannot have a letdown against the Ugly Dawgs on Tuesday

SIU scares me... All you have to do is look at Friday of Arch Madness to see that. I don't see us winning on the road @ UNI, especially with the way that game ended last year up there.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 10th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Yeah I'm worried about the road game at UNI too. We are certainly capable of winning the game. Just not sure if we will.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2012, 10:17 am

glm38 wrote:Yeah I'm worried about the road game at UNI too. We are certainly capable of winning the game. Just not sure if we will.

Having now seen both teams in person, this could be a real interesting battle. Both teams employ the same physical, clutch, grab and push style. I suspect the game will seem more like a football game than a basketball game at times. First one to 55 wins. If it is a tightly officiated game, neither team may get to 55.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 11th, 2012, 11:45 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
glm38 wrote:Yeah I'm worried about the road game at UNI too. We are certainly capable of winning the game. Just not sure if we will.

Having now seen both teams in person, this could be a real interesting battle. Both teams employ the same physical, clutch, grab and push style. I suspect the game will seem more like a football game than a basketball game at times. First one to 55 wins. If it is a tightly officiated game, neither team may get to 55.

Funny, Creighton was using the same tactics while on defense plus using a bull in the middle to just shove people around without even trying to establish position.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball