Evansville Aces at Indiana State (Tues, Jan 10th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » January 9th, 2012, 8:30 am

The Aces, of late, have played well on the road and have lost two heartbreaking games, from a "Purple view." The team can fold and feel sorry for themselves or they can come out, knowing that they can play with 8 of the Valley teams. We will see.

My home view is the Aces win by 2 points.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville Aces at Indiana State (Tues, Jan 10th)

Postby 2livewu » January 9th, 2012, 9:27 am

One wonders how much longer the Aces will continue to put out that kind of supreme effort showed of late if they don't get the payoff.

At some point, 18-23 year olds get frustrated and leaks begin to appear. The Aces have seen these leaks earlier in the year.

A win here might or will regenerate the belief that it's all worth it....I fear another close loss could be costly and this is a showstopper game for ISUB....if they lose this and move to 1-4 with 2 home losses, they're in real danger of having to win 4 games in St. Louis this year. It's already a real possibility...drop another home game and staying ahead of Bradley might be a concern.

Ok, it won't, but you get my point.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

2livewu wrote:One wonders how much longer the Aces will continue to put out that kind of supreme effort showed of late if they don't get the payoff.

At some point, 18-23 year olds get frustrated and leaks begin to appear. The Aces have seen these leaks earlier in the year.

A win here might or will regenerate the belief that it's all worth it....I fear another close loss could be costly and this is a showstopper game for ISUB....if they lose this and move to 1-4 with 2 home losses, they're in real danger of having to win 4 games in St. Louis this year. It's already a real possibility...drop another home game and staying ahead of Bradley might be a concern.

Understand. My concern, too.

The last two games will either "steel us" and contribute to our team playing better than advertised or we can get into a habit of getting nervous the last two minutes of a game. Call me naieve, this bunch continues to get better and better with effort and knowing their roles and compensating. Again, we can play hard and not shoot well. We must play hard and shoot well, to continue.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » January 9th, 2012, 10:38 am

If Walker doesnt have a career night, UE wins.

72-66 Aces
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » January 9th, 2012, 11:07 am

2livewu wrote:One wonders how much longer the Aces will continue to put out that kind of supreme effort showed of late if they don't get the payoff.

As much as I hate to admit it, I pretty much agree with the above post. It's a game that neither team can afford to lose. It boils down to which team can shake off a terrible loss in it's last game, and come out the most focused. The Aces will not only face the Trees, who will be remembering the three games they played last year, Trees almost lost all of them, they must play on the road. The Aces must win by 10, or more, to take the refs out of the game, or they will lose by one or two.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm

ACECARD wrote:The Aces must win by 10, or more, to take the refs out of the game, or they will lose by one or two.
Yes, because everyone knows that all referees are biased against poor ole Evansville. :roll:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » January 9th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Ind St. is done. Win or lose in this game and have no chance winning 3 let alone 4 games in St. Louis.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » January 9th, 2012, 1:59 pm

ACECARD wrote:The Aces will not only face the Trees, who will be remembering the three games they played last year, Trees almost lost all of them, they must play on the road. The Aces must win by 10, or more, to take the refs out of the game, or they will lose by one or two.

Wow, I got berated on here for mentioning a ref call after a game against Evansville last week and now you have an Evansville fan, of all people, complaining about the refs BEFORE the game. I bet we aren't gonna see any Evansville fans complain about this post though.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 9th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Indiana State opens as a 7.5 point favorite
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » January 9th, 2012, 2:31 pm

holy cow, easy money there, Evansville is going to CRUSH us, Ryan will go off for 30 or more.

sixth ace wrote:Indiana State opens as a 7.5 point favorite
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball