UNI at Creighton - (Past Game)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI at Creighton - (Past Game)

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 8:26 pm

MoValley John wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:
glm38 wrote:You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree regarding Bizoukas. He's not a great scorer but he's a very good point guard. Are there any other Valley point guards with his flair for passing and ball handling in the Valley? If so I haven't seen them yet. He's 2nd in the Valley in assists. And according to the Fox sports midwest announcers announcing the game last night he has one of the best assist to turnover ratios in Div I basketball.

I would take GodOdumGod over Bazzoka as they shoot about the same and Jesus will still have elegibility after this year.

I think the more that the more Bear fans discuss the prowess of Bizoukas, the longer the list grows of point guards that other people would prefer to have. Ragland or Young ring a bell? Hmmm.

Did I say he was THE best point guard in the Valley. No I didn't. Just that he is a good one. Scoring is part of the equation and that's not Biz's forte at all. But he's obviously as good a passer as anyone in our league. And better than most at taking care of the ball. Good grief.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 8:31 pm

glm38 wrote:
I think the more that the more Bear fans discuss the prowess of Bizoukas, the longer the list grows of point guards that other people would prefer to have. Ragland or Young ring a bell? Hmmm.

Did I say he was THE best point guard in the Valley. No I didn't. Just that he is a good one. Good grief.[/quote]

Actually, it is response to the sarcasm and remarks about him not going to UNI.. I would say he's a decent point guard, but good is a stretch. Creighton fans liked Dotzler, I wouldn't classify him as a good point guard either. He was serviceable and surrounded by some very good players. Now Creighton fans are going to jump on me....
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 14th, 2012, 10:13 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:Edit: And also Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Minneapolis must not be considered "cities" or at least not for your definition of "city kids". Unless you really mean "black kids".
Also don't forget Austin, Texas...well techincally Pflugerville, TX, which is just on the north side of Austin.

Although, Pflugerville, on it's own, only has about 46k for a population...but I figure since it is in the Austin metro area, which has a population of just under 2 million he counts as a city kid.

However, remember we could have a team of 15 African-American's from NYC, Chicago, St. Louis, Austin, etc...putting up 101 points per game and we would still be the unathletic (and unathletic looking) white boys from Farmtown, Iowa.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » January 15th, 2012, 1:46 pm

MVJ
You responded to my post saying how UNI fans were saying they were better off without Bizoukas.
Do you contend that they are better off at point without Bizoukas?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » January 15th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Kwadzo Ahelegbe > Bazooka

Yes, UNI has been better off without him.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » January 15th, 2012, 2:21 pm

valleychamp wrote:To summarize:

-UNI would not be better with Doug McDermott, and in fact would have held back his ability.
-UNI cannot recruit black kids to CF.
-UNI as a team and a program has a low ceiling.
-Greg McDermott > Ben Jacobson.
-UNI is lumped in with Evansville as "small time" for being happy with a Sweet Sixteen.

Yep. A lot of fail going on in this thread.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 15th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Kyle wrote:
valleychamp wrote:To summarize:

-UNI would not be better with Doug McDermott, and in fact would have held back his ability.
-UNI cannot recruit black kids to CF.
-UNI as a team and a program has a low ceiling.
-Greg McDermott > Ben Jacobson.
-UNI is lumped in with Evansville as "small time" for being happy with a Sweet Sixteen.

Yep. A lot of fail going on in this thread.

Sorry fellas, but this is just one Panther fan quoting another Panther fan that can't understand what's going on. The fail might just be in Cedar Falls. :huh:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 15th, 2012, 4:12 pm

bleach wrote:MVJ
You responded to my post saying how UNI fans were saying they were better off without Bizoukas.
Do you contend that they are better off at point without Bizoukas?

No. But they aren't worse off, either. I think Missouri State is much better with him. As I said, you had a hole to fill in the point guard department. Bazooka is a nice fill of that hole. The question has to be asked, who for Missouri State would be starting at the point if you didn't have Bizoukas? Would Missouri State be comfortable giving that guy 30 mins a game? Taking that into consideration, Missouri State has to be very happy to have him, but at the same time, while other schools gave him a look, they really didn't need him. I was just tempering the enthusiasm over Bazooka, he is a good and serviceable guard, a Godsend for Missouri State, but sometimes MSU fans overhype him some.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball