UNI at Creighton - (Past Game)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI at Creighton - (Past Game)

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 14th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Wufan wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:If the ceiling of our "system" is the Sweet Sixteen then guess what I am happy.

That is what is wrong with UNI and Evansville. Kinda sums it up.

So you are saying that if Wichita made it to the Sweet Sixteen you would not be happy?

I suppose if we are continually going to Sweet Sixteens and not making it any further than I would be unhappy that is our ceiling. Probably similar to the way I would assume Gonzaga fans are feeling. I assume they are no longer happy with just making the tournament every year. We are not to that point. My point was the Sweet Sixteen is a pretty high ceiling for a team in the MVC. When was the last Elite Eight team in the Valley? 31 years ago in 1981!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » January 14th, 2012, 3:47 pm

To summarize:

-UNI would not be better with Doug McDermott, and in fact would have held back his ability.
-UNI cannot recruit black kids to CF.
-UNI as a team and a program has a low ceiling.
-Greg McDermott > Ben Jacobson.
-UNI is lumped in with Evansville as "small time" for being happy with a Sweet Sixteen.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » January 14th, 2012, 4:01 pm

UNI would be the best team in the MVC with Doug.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby getreal4 » January 14th, 2012, 4:20 pm

UNI would be the best team in the Valley with a good pt guard.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LJay » January 14th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Say what you want but your style of play is BORING, first team to 60 wins and the casual fan will not bother showing up to watch...ergo, 4,000 butts in seats...unless first place at the time Missouri State comes to town then you get 5,000.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 14th, 2012, 6:49 pm

getreal4 wrote:UNI would be the best team in the Valley with a good pt guard.

No way! They are glad Bizoukas didn't go there.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 7:04 pm

bleach wrote:
getreal4 wrote:UNI would be the best team in the Valley with a good pt guard.

No way! They are glad Bizoukas didn't go there.

I like Bizoukas, but he's hardly one of the Valley's better point guards. He's serviceable, dependable and fills a huge hole that was glaring in the Bears roster, but he's an okay point guard that didn't even start for a bad DePaul team. It's probably nice to have a fifth year point guard, but I think Bear fans like him a lot because without him, they are really, really in a jam. Bizoukas would start at only a handful of Valley schools.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 7:44 pm

You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree regarding Bizoukas. He's not a great scorer but he's a very good point guard. Are there any other Valley point guards with his flair for passing and ball handling in the Valley? If so I haven't seen them yet. He's 2nd in the Valley in assists. And according to the Fox sports midwest announcers announcing the game last night he has one of the best assist to turnover ratios in Div I basketball.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 14th, 2012, 8:07 pm

glm38 wrote:You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree regarding Bizoukas. He's not a great scorer but he's a very good point guard. Are there any other Valley point guards with his flair for passing and ball handling in the Valley? If so I haven't seen them yet. He's 2nd in the Valley in assists. And according to the Fox sports midwest announcers announcing the game last night he has one of the best assist to turnover ratios in Div I basketball.

I would take GodOdumGod over Bazzoka as they shoot about the same and Jesus will still have elegibility after this year.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 8:23 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
glm38 wrote:You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree regarding Bizoukas. He's not a great scorer but he's a very good point guard. Are there any other Valley point guards with his flair for passing and ball handling in the Valley? If so I haven't seen them yet. He's 2nd in the Valley in assists. And according to the Fox sports midwest announcers announcing the game last night he has one of the best assist to turnover ratios in Div I basketball.

I would take GodOdumGod over Bazzoka as they shoot about the same and Jesus will still have elegibility after this year.

I think the more that the more Bear fans discuss the prowess of Bizoukas, the longer the list grows of point guards that other people would prefer to have. Ragland or Young ring a bell? Hmmm.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball