Illinois St. @ Wichita St.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Illinois St. @ Wichita St.

Postby iSASO » January 10th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Why was #2 for the Birds strutting around the floor hushing the crowd when they were down by 8 points? I didn't see him strutting around after he bricked a 3-pt attempt with the game on the line. I didn't see him strutting around with that big smile on his face as he was walking off the floor after the loss.

Good showing for the Birds, but seriously, save the antics until the clock says 0:00
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 10th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Did Hall not play for WSU?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 10th, 2012, 11:13 pm

glm38 wrote:Did Hall not play for WSU?

He played something like 24 mins. He was pretty ineffective during that time in regards to stats. Still worked hard and got on the floor a few times, but just didn't do much. Everyone has bad games, I suppose he was due.

Plus he got his 2nd and 3rd fouls within the first couple minutes of the 2nd half and spent alot of time on the bench after that.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 10th, 2012, 11:16 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Shockers thanking their lucky stars in this one. I think Nic Moore has shown he has the ability to be a top player in the league sooner than later.

We seem to be "thanking our lucky stars" alot the past 3 games. I don't like to tempt fate. Sure hope this team figures out how to play with a lead.

I realize this is Valley play so it's not so easy to maintain a big lead...but still.....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » January 10th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Bearvision wrote:I was completely unimpressed with him in the game with MSU (most of their other players spent their time being impressive).

He still played a good game @ MSU:
6 points, 6 assists (2 TOs), and 3 boards

Thus far during conference play:
11.8 points, 3.6 assists (3 TOs), 1.8 boards

I'm guessing FOY will be between him and Tuttle.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » January 11th, 2012, 6:34 am

Totally impressed with ISU's talent, but Jank, imho, does not coach them up much.

They relied on WSU going cold, which they did, and Moore going nuts, which he did to get back in the game.

WSU seems to have a long term trend of completely abandoning what works throughout the game.

This is not a trend that leads to long term success. Why they seemingly do this is beyond me.

I don't know if ISUR will be consistent enough to compete for the top spot next year, but they will have enough size, speed, strength and basketball talent. With as much returning as CU, ISUR, UNI, UE and DU have, WSU is going to have to fight like mad to stay out of the play in game, or their incoming players better be more than awesome.

On a side note, #2 needs to shut his mouth and not cheerlead so much.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » January 11th, 2012, 8:48 am

iSASO wrote:Why was #2 for the Birds strutting around the floor hushing the crowd when they were down by 8 points? I didn't see him strutting around after he bricked a 3-pt attempt with the game on the line. I didn't see him strutting around with that big smile on his face as he was walking off the floor after the loss.

Good showing for the Birds, but seriously, save the antics until the clock says 0:00

Without looking up the numbers, I would have to guess that was Bryant Allen and I would assume he was hushing the crowd because they were chanting airball everytime he got the ball.

Without sounding like a jerk, i'm kinda glad we finally have guys who have some spunk. Our team has lacked emotional players/leaders for the last so many years and I think every team needs a guy like that....and most of them do.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2012, 10:00 am

I hate the "Airball" chant. Far too often it motivates a true shooter.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2012, 10:31 am

Aargh wrote:WSU has a lot of Sr's on the perimeter, but some times their basketball IQ doesn't reflect that. Driving from the perimeter worked really well the first half, so what do they do the second half? Shoot 3's - and miss them.

No feed to the inside. No penetration. Just take the first open 3 they get. IlSU, not being idiots is giving them lots of open looks from 3.

Aargh, I really think you could have said almost the exact same thing after the WSU-CU game. I still think that if WSU doesn't settle for chucking threes late in our game, WSU wins...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockerengr » January 11th, 2012, 10:58 am

The thing that made me the most nervous about the shocks was at the start of the season when one of the players was quoted in an interview about how we were going to be "a big 3pt shooting team this year"
shockerengr
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball