Bradley @ Drake 1/10

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley @ Drake 1/10

Postby Drakey » January 11th, 2012, 1:50 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Drakey wrote:Bradley is awful. This was just a contest to see which team was more inept.

Drake is a pretty good team this year. Inconsistent, but good. Good enough that Phelps just might get an extension.

Good? I'm thinking in order for a team to be considered "good" they should at least have to finish in the top half of the Valley. I think the chances of this are remote. I've been to every home game this year and watched most of the others on TV or online. "Good" is not a word I think many people would use to describe this team.

You could probably say they are "talented."
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Drakey wrote:You could probably say they are "talented."

I'd say, "very talented." Rice and Simons could probably start for almost every MVC team.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Frustrating is probably a better word to use. Drake beat Iowa State, but got skull farkled by Iowa. That is frustrating. Drake beat Indiana State, but lost to Northern Iowa. Drake hasn't strung three wins in a row and just snapped a three game loosing streak, it's frustrating. They are good, but frustrating.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » January 11th, 2012, 4:00 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:75 free throws in that game...wow? Not saying it was bad one way or another but bad officiating.

Taylor Brown had a great game. Drake, wisely, decided he wasn't going to beat them in the second half and stopped him. Rice just kept driving to the basket and got fouled. Dude shot 18 free throws. Simons finally made shots in the second half and got to the line. Drake also only turned it over 7 times and had 12 offensive rebounds. That was the difference, IMO. Plus Kurt Alexander was awesome off the bench.

Bradley fans are upset that Simms-Edwards and Lemon took bad shots and looked selfish. Heck, after Taylor Brown is guarded by three guys who exactly are they going to be throwing the ball too?

BU will beat someone....I think. Just not sure who. I say two MVC wins for Los Bravos.

Maybe it was good officiating and there were two bad teams fouling a lot?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » January 11th, 2012, 6:11 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:75 free throws in that game...wow? Not saying it was bad one way or another but bad officiating.

Taylor Brown had a great game. Drake, wisely, decided he wasn't going to beat them in the second half and stopped him. Rice just kept driving to the basket and got fouled. Dude shot 18 free throws. Simons finally made shots in the second half and got to the line. Drake also only turned it over 7 times and had 12 offensive rebounds. That was the difference, IMO. Plus Kurt Alexander was awesome off the bench.

Bradley fans are upset that Simms-Edwards and Lemon took bad shots and looked selfish. Heck, after Taylor Brown is guarded by three guys who exactly are they going to be throwing the ball too?

BU will beat someone....I think. Just not sure who. I say two MVC wins for Los Bravos.

Maybe it was good officiating and there were two bad teams fouling a lot?

Nope........officiating was awful.....both ways. No way to get into a flow with the constant whistles. Not sure, but it might have hurt Drake more, as Drake is down to 8 scholarship players (possibly 9, not sure if Welfringer is redshirting or not), so foul trouble can lead to major problems for the Bulldogs.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lime » January 11th, 2012, 9:25 pm

MoValley John wrote:Frustrating is probably a better word to use. Drake beat Iowa State, but got skull farkled by Iowa. That is frustrating. Drake beat Indiana State, but lost to Northern Iowa. Drake hasn't strung three wins in a row and just snapped a three game loosing streak, it's frustrating. They are good, but frustrating.

I think that the term you're looking for is "poorly coached".
lime
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby McBulldog » January 11th, 2012, 10:39 pm

I think the whole thing is rigged and crooked. What was the line in this game? What was the final score? How many fouls did the ref.s call in the last 2:00? How many "no call" turnovers did they miss in the time span too? It's a joke ...
McBulldog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball