Drake Bulldogs at Evansville (Friday the 13th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake Bulldogs at Evansville (Friday the 13th)

Postby Dawg_tired » January 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm

As amazing as it is, E-ville got out coached. Which from a guy who thinks Phelps should sell shoes, is a back handed condemnation.
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » January 13th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Dawg_tired wrote:As amazing as it is, E-ville got out coached. Which from a guy who thinks Phelps should sell shoes, is a back handed condemnation.

Not all that uncommon for Marty and friends to be out-coached, particularly when it comes to in-game adjustments. But I think you could have switched Marty out for Dean Smith and had a very similar outcome.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Dawg_tired » January 13th, 2012, 10:15 pm

pafan wrote:
Dawg_tired wrote:As amazing as it is, E-ville got out coached. Which from a guy who thinks Phelps should sell shoes, is a back handed condemnation.

Not all that uncommon for Marty and friends to be out-coached, particularly when it comes to in-game adjustments. But I think you could have switched Marty out for Dean Smith and had a very similar outcome.

Then we feel each other's pain. Here's to you bro. :buddies:
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 6:15 am

Drake is good. Frustrating, but good.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » January 14th, 2012, 11:29 am

pafan wrote:

Dean, with Bob Knight as his asst. coach, wouldn't have made any difference last night. One of the worst defensive games from the Aces, that I have seen for some time. I guess all those one possession losses finally took their toll. They will either fold like a 2-3 in the hole poker hand, or they will regroup, and win some games they aren't supposed to. At this point, I would settle for the 9-9 season we had last year, but that seems remote at best. Just too many holes to fill.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 14th, 2012, 4:38 pm

There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball