MSU at UNI (Past Game)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU at UNI

Postby DUBulldog » January 14th, 2012, 2:47 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:It just looks really bad for the league, when Nationsl sports writers call it a "sham" and "travelsty". The MVC loses credibility with last nights game.

Link?

I'm with 83 on this....I'm calling b.s. until I see a link.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby beatingrillz » January 14th, 2012, 2:49 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:It just looks really bad for the league, when Nationsl sports writers call it a "sham" and "travelsty". The MVC loses credibility with last nights game.

Link?

Podcast Goodmans show or go look at the comments by him and others on twitter, Gotlieb was even mocking the officials.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 14th, 2012, 3:02 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:

Link?

Podcast Goodmans show or go look at the comments by him and others on twitter, Gotlieb was even mocking the officials.

Here's a link to Goodman's twitter....I must be blind, because I don't see it.

http://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Kyle wrote:
MoValley John wrote:I watched the replay. MSU has little to complain about except being disappointed over the outcome. It was a tough loss for MSU, but winning on the road is difficult. The one thing I took away from watching the game is that I really don't like watching UNI play. Ugly basketball, and with the talent infusion in the league this year, I don't know if the slow down, jersey grabbing techniques are going to get them into the top three or four. UNI got very lucky.

I'm a little surprised by this comment because last night coach Jake was consistently motioning for our players to hurry the ball up the court and has placed an emphasis all year on getting out in transition.

The days of UNI always taking a shot during the last 10 seconds of the shot clock and grinding out 51-55 type games are probably over. This is the highest scoring UNI team in the Ben Jacobson era at 68 PPG and is easily capable of putting up 80+ when our offense is clicking.

Now the defensive pressure will always be a staple at UNI and fans of other teams will always complain about it. This is nothing unique to UNI or the MVC. Big 10 fans constantly whine about Purdue and MSU similar to the way MVC fans used to bellyache about SIU's style.

I guess when you are accustomed to 55 points being enough offense to win, sealing a 61-60 victory seems like an offensive explosion. Personally, it does little for me but make me yawn.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VABear » January 14th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Gottleib's Twitter reference with video link:

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
RT @AndyGlockner: @GottliebShow The UNI kid scored using the Scheyer Pivot: youtu.be/hnL4ADKh7Kk
22 hours ago

Apt analogy.
VABear
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby uniftw » January 14th, 2012, 9:52 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:
uniftw wrote:Had you're all world player not charged through a UNI player on the possession before this wouldn't be an issue...

It took a career game from your center (people say UNI players look unathletic, what does this guy look like if UNI players look like church league players) to even be in the game.

Oh, and I'm glad we didn't land Bizoukis....what a waste of space on the floor tonight.

HA. If we got within a few inches of your players they flopped like crazy.

Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivm2YJAX2oE&lc

This is just like the Iowa fans after our game against them. Make a youtube video of one cherry picked play. Seriously go back and watch the game, and tell me how many more times MSU flopped compared to how many times we did. And that time you guy was out of control, and almost knocked down 3 UNI players. There was one time when whoever was defending Koch flopped worse than ANY I have seen out of UNI this year.

Edit: Here is MSU flopping! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0PCJAd8 ... AAAAAAAAAA

All teams flop. Whether you like it or not half of the time your team takes a charge they are flopping. And that is not just in this game it would be in any game. The same goes for my team, and any other team in the MVC or NCAA.
Make that video open for the public to see.

As for wining 61-60 games....You do realize, MVJ that 61 points is just the 5th time UNI has scored less than 62 points in a game this season...right, and that UNI is averaging 68 ppg (less than 1 full point away from being 4th in the league in scoring) and has 70 or more 7 times this year with another game at 69
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 10:07 pm

uniftw wrote:As for wining 61-60 games....You do realize, MVJ that 61 points is just the 5th time UNI has scored less than 62 points in a game this season...right, and that UNI is averaging 68 ppg (less than 1 full point away from being 4th in the league in scoring) and has 70 or more 7 times this year with another game at 69

So?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 14th, 2012, 10:09 pm

MoValley John wrote:
uniftw wrote:As for wining 61-60 games....You do realize, MVJ that 61 points is just the 5th time UNI has scored less than 62 points in a game this season...right, and that UNI is averaging 68 ppg (less than 1 full point away from being 4th in the league in scoring) and has 70 or more 7 times this year with another game at 69

So?

You seems to think UNI has the same offense that holds the ball for 34 seconds then shoots it, that isn't the case.

UNI's offense is very different this year than past years
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 15th, 2012, 12:27 am

uniftw wrote:Make that video open for the public to see.

Should be fixed to be public now. Whoops!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Re: MSU at UNI (Past Game)

Postby troutangler » January 15th, 2012, 2:06 am

A few points need to be made here:

1. Koch did not travel. He lost control of the ball, regained control, established a pivot foot and passed before the pivot foot returned to the floor.

2. Rank appeared to travel, but I wish we had an angle from the side of UNI's bench.

3. Rank did not get fouled.

4. No one in their right mind is going to call a 3-second violation in that situation. If you haven't called it all night, do not call it then.

5. Coaches can't schedule timeouts beforehand. He has to request it and if they hear or see him, they will grant it. It is not automatic by any means.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball