Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Postby uniftw » January 13th, 2012, 10:24 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
uniftw wrote:Nice job by ISU fans picking up a T by throwing s*** on the court.....classy.

While I think it is bush league to do, what is a fan to do to show displeasure with shotty officiating? We've seen a rash of it lately and no one at the league office seems to care. ISU fans should know better, but on this night I sort of understand.

If you think throwing things on the court, at any time, is acceptable you are even dumber than I thought from your previous statements.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 13th, 2012, 10:32 pm

uniftw wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
uniftw wrote:Nice job by ISU fans picking up a T by throwing s*** on the court.....classy.

While I think it is bush league to do, what is a fan to do to show displeasure with shotty officiating? We've seen a rash of it lately and no one at the league office seems to care. ISU fans should know better, but on this night I sort of understand.

If you think throwing things on the court, at any time, is acceptable you are even dumber than I thought from your previous statements.

Let it go, it's Casey. In a few months, he'll be in C-USA anyway.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 13th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Personally, I think these were the best five minutes in NFL history. Partly because its Cleveland, mostly because the officials stood around for almost eight minutes before making a decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

As I'm sure DUBulldog will agree, the #1 rule of officiating in any sport at any level is to be decisive. Which the officials in today's game were.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby JamesILSTU » January 13th, 2012, 10:54 pm

I'm not a fan of all this talk about things being thrown onto the court.

We all know it's wrong, but I do not like it being associated with the entire ILSTU Fan Base. I attend games regularly and would never do such a thing, either would the 8,000 + (or whatever the number) of other fans who were in attendance.

Regardless of all the talk. We gave Creighton a good game today.

Had we not shot so poorly in the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second, we could have very easily won.

But we didn't. And we lost. I think we can beat anyone in the MVC if we can show up for the full 40 minutes.

Next year will be amazing for the Birds

**Edit - And I know you have to shoot well to win. But most of our players who do consistently shoot well, did not today. Which is my main point.
JamesILSTU
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby 45otseoj » January 13th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Johnny Hill needs to grow up. He pulled these same antics in high school. It needs to stop.
I hope the Redbird fan base isn't judged by the stupidity of one person in attendance tonight.
Congrats to the Jays in an otherwise great game.

Creighton is an interesting team to watch. They win with offense; almost the anti-UNI. On many possessions where most teams would contest shots (many times leading to a foul) CU lives to see another play by giving open shots, not getting into foul trouble, and making sure the other team doesn't get second chance points. If you can out-shoot them, you're in business. Good luck with that.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jwa123 » January 13th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Creighton is a really good team and as previously posted is interesting to watch. I was impressed by how coach McDermott made adjustments and worked the refs during the game. Kudos to him & them. I was at the game and I know why the younger McDermott scores so much. I've never seen a player get away with so many travels in the post. Never. I am disappointed the Redbirds didn't play any better than they did and if it hadn't been for Allen, Creighton would have blown us off the court.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 13th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Assuming I can do this right, here is a link to the ESPN highlights, including the Technical for the foul on Gibbs: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7458756
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 14th, 2012, 2:18 am

It was a great game, not much to add but I would like to apologize for whatever fan that through the ball onto the court during the game. I hope he was found and banned from the remainder of the games. There is no place for that at RBA and I hope that the rest of the Redbird fans are not judged by the antics of some fool.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » January 14th, 2012, 9:20 am

Here is video: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320132287 - it's hard to imagine why Hill pushed him after the foul and it's unfortunate because the ending was shaping up to be a great one.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DUBulldog » January 14th, 2012, 9:52 am

pafan wrote:Personally, I think these were the best five minutes in NFL history. Partly because its Cleveland, mostly because the officials stood around for almost eight minutes before making a decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

As I'm sure DUBulldog will agree, the #1 rule of officiating in any sport at any level is to be decisive. Which the officials in today's game were.

:huh: How did I get inserted into this conversation?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball