Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 14th, 2012, 10:49 am

DUBulldog wrote:
pafan wrote:Personally, I think these were the best five minutes in NFL history. Partly because its Cleveland, mostly because the officials stood around for almost eight minutes before making a decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

As I'm sure DUBulldog will agree, the #1 rule of officiating in any sport at any level is to be decisive. Which the officials in today's game were.

:huh: How did I get inserted into this conversation?

What, you aren't an official? :D

Personally, I always thought the number one rule of officiating is to make the right call. I'd much rather have that than have someone who keeps making the wrong call, but is decisive.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » January 14th, 2012, 11:17 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
uniftw wrote:Nice job by ISU fans picking up a T by throwing s*** on the court.....classy.

While I think it is bush league to do, what is a fan to do to show displeasure with shotty officiating?

you can boo (but if you boo loud enough they still might give you a technical - e.g. WSU fans got threatened last year with a technical last year because they were booing so loud), you can write mean nasty letter to Elgin. BUT fans are never to get involved in any physical type action that could either hurt the players or ref.

It also seems that ISU-R has a track record of this type of behavior - maybe it is time for the league to make an example of ISU-R.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » January 14th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:It also seems that ISU-R has a track record of this type of behavior - maybe it is time for the league to make an example of ISU-R.

Ok... Recomendations?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » January 14th, 2012, 2:50 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
pafan wrote:Personally, I think these were the best five minutes in NFL history. Partly because its Cleveland, mostly because the officials stood around for almost eight minutes before making a decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

As I'm sure DUBulldog will agree, the #1 rule of officiating in any sport at any level is to be decisive. Which the officials in today's game were.

:huh: How did I get inserted into this conversation?

What, you aren't an official? :D

Was it my giant monkey glasses that gave it away?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jwa123 » January 14th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Snaggletooth, where do you get your information about your libelous comment about ISUR fans? I have been a season ticket holder at RA for a little over 10 years and while there may have been instances where something got thrown onto the court, I don't recall them. Your assertion is callous and disregards the facts. If anything about ISUR fans, the complaint in recent years is that we sit our on our hands and clap politely when we like a particular play rather than getting into the game with all our hearts and spirit.

I don't condone the action of one of our players physically throwing another player out of bounds. I'm willing to bet neither do his team mates nor the coaching staff and I am willing to bet $$$ it never happens again. As for the throwing of an object on the floor, other ISUR fans have already depicted it as despicable here at this forum and if you venture over to our forum, you will find that the opinion was stated uncategorically that it was the wrong thing to have happened. It was even suggested that the individual who threw the little white plastic ball on to the court was hopefully caught and permanently banished from ever seeing the inside of RA forevermore.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » January 14th, 2012, 4:43 pm

45otseoj wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:It also seems that ISU-R has a track record of this type of behavior - maybe it is time for the league to make an example of ISU-R.

Ok... Recomendations?

Take away their MVC seats in the lower bowl and banish them to the upper bowl. :Yea!:
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 14th, 2012, 6:14 pm

I could be wrong, but wasn't there an MVFC game where one school's fanbase threw toy footballs on the field? I don't know jack about MVFC, but I thought I read something about that on the old Valleytalk once.... (NOTE -I'm not accusing IlSU as I don't honestly even remember which school was involved)
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » January 14th, 2012, 6:37 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I could be wrong, but wasn't there an MVFC game where one school's fanbase threw toy footballs on the field? I don't know jack about MVFC, but I thought I read something about that on the old Valleytalk once.... (NOTE -I'm not accusing IlSU as I don't honestly even remember which school was involved)

You're correct. That was Illinois State. Solution: don't supply fans with projectiles.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » January 14th, 2012, 8:28 pm

45otseoj wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:I could be wrong, but wasn't there an MVFC game where one school's fanbase threw toy footballs on the field? I don't know jack about MVFC, but I thought I read something about that on the old Valleytalk once.... (NOTE -I'm not accusing IlSU as I don't honestly even remember which school was involved)

You're correct. That was Illinois State. Solution: don't supply fans with projectiles.

Didn't ISU-R fan throw a hot dog on the floor and caused them to lose a game against ISUB a few years ago?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jwa123 » January 14th, 2012, 9:08 pm

So someone threw a hotdog on the floor a few years back so The Valley is suppose to come down on us and make us an example??? geez...

For what it is worth, it has been reported the culprit was a boy. Certainly not from the students and the old fogies with their lower bowl seats. Most likely, some kid who never comes to the games anyways.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball