Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby cpacmel » January 13th, 2012, 11:47 am

Game is on @ ESPN3. Tip is 8:05pm. Creighton (4-1) opens as 2.5 favorites.

As of last night only 400 tickets remained for the game. It's been awhile since ISU (3-2) had a sellout.

Weather has been brutal in Illinois over the last 24 hours. Roads are starting to clear.

Should be a good one.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Creighton @ Illinois State (1/13/12) ESPN3

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 13th, 2012, 11:50 am

I've heard IlSU is giving away tickets by the thousands for this one. True?

Also, is it really true that upper bowl seats only cost $5? The top row at the CLink will cost you $12 by comparison. Some of you schools have no idea how good you have it....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jwa123 » January 13th, 2012, 12:05 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I've heard IlSU is giving away tickets by the thousands for this one. True?

Also, is it really true that upper bowl seats only cost $5? The top row at the CLink will cost you $12 by comparison. Some of you schools have no idea how good you have it....

Sort of but not completely. They did a promotion of $5 seats for the upper bowl which is less than I pay as a season ticket holder with an upper bowl ticket.. It's OK with me though as we need to get folks interested again. Also, State Farm gave away a thousand tickets to employees. Did State Farm pay for them at full price, partial price or did ISU just give them a bunch of tickets? We don't know. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the electricity of a full house again. It's been awhile. Should be fun! :P

They don't have games like this in the MAC.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby cpacmel » January 13th, 2012, 12:15 pm

jwa123 wrote:. Did State Farm pay for them at full price, partial price or did ISU just give them a bunch of tickets?

Partial price. We gave them a really good deal. :wave:
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » January 13th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Weather better not keep people away. We've been complaining for years about buying season tickets and not having good games to watch at home. Now we've got a Top 25 team coming to town so people better get off their butts and make it to the game.

Red 80
Blue 79
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby wildjays » January 13th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Some things to read before the game if you are interested.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?tag=Creighton-ISUR12GM1

This one should be a pretty competitive game. It is great that every MVC game this season seems to be important, more so than in past years it seems.
-----
White and Blue Review
http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby valleychamp » January 13th, 2012, 3:17 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I've heard IlSU is giving away tickets by the thousands for this one. True?

Well, that's because Creighton is better than everyone else.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 13th, 2012, 3:29 pm

valleychamp wrote:

Well, that's because Creighton is better than everyone else.

No. Creighton is better than everybody EXCEPT Wichita State. If you saw my preseason picks, I picked the Shockers. I still stand by that pick. UNI is better than a lot of teams, but not better than Creighton or Wichita State.

Unless UNI gets away with flopping and grabbing, then things almost even out.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuShockNation » January 13th, 2012, 3:38 pm

top row at Wichita State is usually anywhere between $20 to $25 dollar depending on the game
WuShockNation
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MVCfans » January 13th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Entertaining first half. Creighton leads 40-35 at half. McDermott with 11 points and called for three travels.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball