Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Standings after 6 games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Standings after 6 games

Postby MSUDuo » January 14th, 2012, 4:04 am

Coulda, shoulda, woulda had our three team separation...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2012, 6:52 am

MSUDuo wrote:Coulda, shoulda, woulda had our three team separation...

Hmmm...still do.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 6:55 am

If we can win the next 2 - including beating CU at home then we'll be right there again.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » January 14th, 2012, 7:02 am

Wufan wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:Coulda, shoulda, woulda had our three team separation...

Hmmm...still do.

Ummm, no we don't. One game separates 3rd and 7th. Had MSU won, there would have been two games between WSU, CU, MSU and everyone else.

Bears keep blowing their at-large chances. I realize it ain't easy to win in Iowa but when you let one get away like that, especially when you need all the big wins you can get, it isn't going to be a pretty ending
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 7:19 am

MSUDuo wrote:

Ummm, no we don't. One game separates 3rd and 7th. Had MSU won, there would have been two games between WSU, CU, MSU and everyone else.

Bears keep blowing their at-large chances. I realize it ain't easy to win in Iowa but when you let one get away like that, especially when you need all the big wins you can get, it isn't going to be a pretty ending

And a mere one game separates first from third, relax.

Sometimes I wonder if Bear fans are simply bipolar. They win a game and they are the best in the league, they lose a game and the sky is falling. One day Lusk is the best coach and just recently, he was compared to Hinson.

The league is only 1/3 through, Missouri State will win a lot more games and they probably will lose a couple, too. It's a marathon not a sprint.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 7:56 am

MoValley John wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:

And a mere one game separates first from third, relax.

Sometimes I wonder if Bear fans are simply bipolar. They win a game and they are the best in the league, they lose a game and the sky is falling. One day Lusk is the best coach and just recently, he was compared to Hinson.

The league is only 1/3 through, Missouri State will win a lot more games and they probably will lose a couple, too. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Not all of us are bipolar MVCj. You are lumping us all together based on the comments of one or 2 MSU fans. By that reasoning we could characterize all WSU fans in a certain way based on the comments of one or 2 of their fans that post here. But that wouldn't be factual. Most WSU fans on here are passionate but knowledgeable and respectful.

And in any case Duo doesn't fit that mold. And I think he's got a valid point. I'm not by any means giving up on the Bears. But with WSU and CU as good as they are this year - the Bears (as talented as they are) might just be too inconsistent to compete for the conference title this year. They could still get it together. But time is running out.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » January 14th, 2012, 10:42 am

Bears next 3 games are home vs Bradley, home vs Creighton, and @ Evansville. SHOULD go 3-0 but will go 2-1 at worst. would be happy with 6-3 halfway through the season.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » January 14th, 2012, 11:09 am

MSUBear42 wrote:Bears next 3 games are home vs Bradley, home vs Creighton, and @ Evansville. SHOULD go 3-0 but will go 2-1 at worst. would be happy with 6-3 halfway through the season.

Should? SHOULD go 3-0?

There isn't a team in the Valley that SHOULD beat Creighton, anywhere, and that includes WSU.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 14th, 2012, 11:11 am

MSUBear42 wrote:Bears next 3 games are home vs Bradley, home vs Creighton, and @ Evansville. SHOULD go 3-0 but will go 2-1 at worst. would be happy with 6-3 halfway through the season.

Careful when you predict an "at worst" case. 8-)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball