Standings after 6 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 6 games

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 11:15 am

2livewu wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:Bears next 3 games are home vs Bradley, home vs Creighton, and @ Evansville. SHOULD go 3-0 but will go 2-1 at worst. would be happy with 6-3 halfway through the season.

Should? SHOULD go 3-0?

There isn't a team in the Valley that SHOULD beat Creighton, anywhere, and that includes WSU.

Really?? I think CU has a very good team. But since the Valley schedule started they've only had one convincing win. That's hardly looking like they are unbeatable.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » January 14th, 2012, 11:24 am

Yes really. Some of you are fooling yourselves. Creighton isn't unbeatable. But they are better than every other team in the Valley, night in and night out.

They aren't losing to Okie State and Illinois State at home. Could MSU sweep them? Sure, it could happen. But the Jays are a better team and will show it over the course of the season, as they have so far.

The point is NO team SHOULD beat CU anywhere. Hell, it's arguable MSU SHOULD beat Evansville at Evansville.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Sounds like you've given up already. Sorry if I choose not to do that.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 12:04 pm

2livewu wrote:Yes really. Some of you are fooling yourselves. Creighton isn't unbeatable. But they are better than every other team in the Valley, night in and night out.

They aren't losing to Okie State and Illinois State at home. Could MSU sweep them? Sure, it could happen. But the Jays are a better team and will show it over the course of the season, as they have so far.

The point is NO team SHOULD beat CU anywhere. Hell, it's arguable MSU SHOULD beat Evansville at Evansville.

While I wouldn't agree that Creighton is the best team in this conference, I believe it is Wichita State, your point is very well made. There really aren't any SHOULD wins for Creighton, Wichita State, Missouri State or UNI. There are games that they would be favorites, but the should go 3-0 comment is what I alluded to earlier when I said that Bear fans might be a little bipolar. Anybody that think that their team SHOULD beat Wichita State, Creighton, Missouri State or UNI is kidding them self. Hope to go 3-0, could go 3-0, might go 3-0, yes. SHOULD go 3-0, ummm, it's time to come back down to earth and get back on your meds.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » January 14th, 2012, 1:33 pm

MoValley John wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:

Ummm, no we don't. One game separates 3rd and 7th. Had MSU won, there would have been two games between WSU, CU, MSU and everyone else.

Bears keep blowing their at-large chances. I realize it ain't easy to win in Iowa but when you let one get away like that, especially when you need all the big wins you can get, it isn't going to be a pretty ending

And a mere one game separates first from third, relax.

Sometimes I wonder if Bear fans are simply bipolar. They win a game and they are the best in the league, they lose a game and the sky is falling. One day Lusk is the best coach and just recently, he was compared to Hinson.

The league is only 1/3 through, Missouri State will win a lot more games and they probably will lose a couple, too. It's a marathon not a sprint.

What does that have to do with what I or he said? I didn't say we were out of it. I didn't say there was separation between first and third. I stated that the Valley has its chance to get its three separation had MSU won. We didn't, therefore we don't. Hopefully the three of us continue to take care of business so that we can get it here sooner, rather than later
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2012, 3:19 pm

You are still upset over the loss. No problem. It's semantic. Truth is that there is separation by the top 3. Who's in third? MSU. Who's in 4th? I don't know because there's no separation.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 14th, 2012, 4:58 pm

There is no true separation until two thirds into the conference. I think you guys should wait to have this conversation. Much too early.

Flash, North Carolina just lost on the road 90-57. Ouch!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » January 14th, 2012, 5:33 pm

As long as the Bears can finish top 4 they would meet my preseason expectations. Finishing top 3 would be even better.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Ace Dad wrote:There is no true separation until two thirds into the conference. I think you guys should wait to have this conversation. Much too early.

Pretty much my point. MSU fans want a huge abyss between third and forth place, yet there has been a total of six games played. MSU is separated from first by one game and forth place by one game, yet there have only been six games to get that separation. Slow down and watch the season unfold.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » January 14th, 2012, 6:08 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:There is no true separation until two thirds into the conference. I think you guys should wait to have this conversation. Much too early.

Pretty much my point. MSU fans want a huge abyss between third and forth place, yet there has been a total of six games played. MSU is separated from first by one game and forth place by one game, yet there have only been six games to get that separation. Slow down and watch the season unfold.

I think Bears fans are just antsy about our total loss column this year. I know even if we won we'd have 6 losses total and still have a tough slate ahead for an at large (probably close to a 5% chance at an at large), but us Bears fans like to be upset on Selection Sunday :cry:

EDIT: The good news is that it seems like the top 6, maybe 7 can win against anyone in the conference. Especially a neutral court.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball