WSU at Indiana State (Sunday night ESPNU)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby isumvc1 » January 14th, 2012, 7:36 pm

ugh, we have NO shot to win this game tomorrow night, I just hope we're not run out of our own gym on national TV. Shockers should have no trouble getting through our porous defense.

WSU by 15
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU at Indiana State (Sunday night ESPNU)

Postby Snaggletooth » January 14th, 2012, 8:26 pm

I hope you prove to be a prophet.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 15th, 2012, 2:33 am

Earlier this year, I had this a WSU loss, but I've had to reconsider.

Stats all point to WSU. Matchups don't look bad for WSU. Maybe Odum can drive - that could be a problem, but Odum is only resembling a solid mortal this year. I don't see how Tuttle (Edit: I meant Kitchell, but got it wrong), Muharin and Walker can match up well with Stutz and Hall Orukpe might be able to get a few "non-destructive" minutes.

I see the game as WSU opening and maintaining a lead Probably double-digits until sometime in the second half when InSU begins chipping away. Then WSU pulls out late mainly on free throws to take the lead from something like 5 to finish around 11.
Last edited by Aargh on January 15th, 2012, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bawss » January 15th, 2012, 2:55 am

I'll stick with optimism. First win of our conference play recovery run.

Sycs by 5.
Bawss
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » January 15th, 2012, 8:24 am

This would seem to be a win for WSU. But Ind state is at home. And they will be hungry to save their season. I think it will be a close game. Glad it's on ESPNU. And it's on several hours after the Bears game.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 15th, 2012, 8:50 am

Aargh wrote:Earlier this year, I had this a WSU loss, but I've had to reconsider.

Stats all point to WSU. Matchups don't look bad for WSU. Maybe Odum can drive - that could be a problem, but Odum is only resembling a solid mortal this year. I don't see how Tuttle, Muharin and Walker can match up well with Stutz and Hall Orukpe might be able to get a few "non-destructive" minutes.

I see the game as WSU opening and maintaining a lead Probably double-digits until sometime in the second half when InSU begins chipping away. Then WSU pulls out late mainly on free throws to take the lead from something like 5 to finish around 11.

Tuttle will be in Peoria today... ;)

I think WSU wins this going away. ISU does not have enough bench or inside presence to handle WSU. Stutz should have a field day. WSU by 15+ as has already been stated.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » January 15th, 2012, 9:26 am

Tuttle will be in Peoria today...

You mean the trade for Kitchell fell through?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sycamore_DevilDog » January 15th, 2012, 9:58 am

I sense a "smackdown" revenge coming on National TV coverage for the sycamores victory in last years MVC Arch Madness.
A U.S. Marine: No better friend, no worse enemy.
Sycamore_DevilDog
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » January 15th, 2012, 12:17 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Aargh wrote:Earlier this year, I had this a WSU loss, but I've had to reconsider.

Stats all point to WSU. Matchups don't look bad for WSU. Maybe Odum can drive - that could be a problem, but Odum is only resembling a solid mortal this year. I don't see how Tuttle, Muharin and Walker can match up well with Stutz and Hall Orukpe might be able to get a few "non-destructive" minutes.

I think WSU wins this going away. ISU does not have enough bench or inside presence to handle WSU. Stutz should have a field day. WSU by 15+ as has already been stated.

I think we can assume that the Trees have no less inside presence than the Aces do, and the Shocks had to rely on a missed free throw to win that game.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 15th, 2012, 3:26 pm

ACECARD wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:

I think we can assume that the Trees have no less inside presence than the Aces do, and the Shocks had to rely on a missed free throw to win that game.

Yes, but (as good as Odum is) they don't have a player like Colt Ryan to shoot them back into the game. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I don't think the Shox will struggle with this one as much as they did @Evansville.

I'll say shox by 8
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball