Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Postby Ace Dad » January 16th, 2012, 5:09 pm

AndShock wrote:No one wants the bad teams to roll over in the conference season. I know you fans of "bad teams" like to pretend that's what we want, but it's not. What we want is your teams to stop sucking in the non-con so losing to you isn't an automatic resume killer every year.

Good comment.

I believe you.

If our best 3 teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat (Oxymoron) and defend their home turf, Selection Sunday is less of a guess. However, a Valley team with a so-so non conference record, unexpected home losses, and one possession wins against lower tier teams, should plan for the NIT.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » January 16th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
AndShock wrote:No one wants the bad teams to roll over in the conference season. I know you fans of "bad teams" like to pretend that's what we want, but it's not. What we want is your teams to stop sucking in the non-con so losing to you isn't an automatic resume killer every year.

Good comment.

I believe you.

If our best 3 teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat (Oxymoron) and defend their home turf, Selection Sunday is less of a guess. However, a Valley team with a so-so non conference record, unexpected home losses, and one possession wins against lower tier teams, should plan for the NIT.

or cbe
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 16th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:

Good comment.

I believe you.

or cbe

or prepare to watch a lot of tv basketball in March.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » January 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm

troutangler wrote:Maybe if we didn't fold like a cheap suit and blow double-digit leads in the second half all the time, we wouldn't have to resort to blaming Evansville for how they played in their nonconference schedule. Seems like some among us want to blame everyone except our own team and coaches for pissing down their legs.

BINGO!
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » January 17th, 2012, 11:31 am

UE 71 wrote:
troutangler wrote:Maybe if we didn't fold like a cheap suit and blow double-digit leads in the second half all the time, we wouldn't have to resort to blaming Evansville for how they played in their nonconference schedule. Seems like some among us want to blame everyone except our own team and coaches for pissing down their legs.

BINGO!

The Aces and the Bears have something in common in regards to painful losses in the last minute or seconds:

USA Today said:

Late-game lapses cost Bears two games

There wasn't any great mystery as to what happened to the Bears last week. They just simply failed to execute in the endgame of two losses in less than 48 hours, turning what would have been a 3-0 week into a 1-2 stretch.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... 40728654/1
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » January 17th, 2012, 11:50 am

Got to love moderators breaking board rules.

8. Do not post more than a small portion of copyrighted articles and always provide a link to the source.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » January 17th, 2012, 12:31 pm

havoc wrote:Got to love moderators breaking board rules.

8. Do not post more than a small portion of copyrighted articles and always provide a link to the source.

Hey, Moderators are human too ;)

I changed the post.

Thanks.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball