Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Postby havoc » January 16th, 2012, 10:48 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote: Second of all, I didn't accuse Simmons of purposefully coaching terrible losses in the nonconference - but they managed to do it anyway.

Do you honestly think I thought that?

Sarcasm bud. I was trying to show you how ridiculous your statement was. Teams in the bottom half of conference standings beat conference leaders in every conference. It's not an MVC specific thing.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces1982 » January 16th, 2012, 10:54 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:We still get no respect.[/b]

No, you don't. When you drag 200+ RPI homecourt losses into conference play and do everything in your power to make this league look like a small-time conference that will be lucky to get two bids, you don't get respect. I'm sick and tired of teams playing like absolute trash in the nonconference and then finally getting up for games during conference play. High school teams do that, NOT D-1 teams.

Evansville deserved to win yesterday. They were bad, but Bears were worse. What's your complaint?

Ace Dad wrote:From the BearNation message board:[/b]

Seriously? Copy-and-pasting messages from the Bears board after the worst homecourt loss Springfield has seen since Middle Tennessee State in 2008? That is trashy and classless. I would never post on an opponent's message board after one of my teams won. Actually, I just never post on opposing message boards, period. All I ever see you do is whine about respect and provoke people on their message boards, then cry and tattle on this board when someone lashes out at you. Pathetic.

Thanks for the kind words. You do realize this "trash" team was picked ahead of you in the pre season by the media and here at this site?
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 16th, 2012, 11:30 am

Aces1982 wrote:Thanks for the kind words. You do realize this "trash" team was picked ahead of you in the pre season by the media and here at this site?

Yes, I do. Evansville then decided to take that lofty preseason ranking and use it to completely remove the wheels from the program during the nonconference play. Thanks!
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » January 16th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Maybe if we didn't fold like a cheap suit and blow double-digit leads in the second half all the time, we wouldn't have to resort to blaming Evansville for how they played in their nonconference schedule. Seems like some among us want to blame everyone except our own team and coaches for pissing down their legs.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » January 16th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Bear fan who quoted me a couple of times. Thanks for the feedback. If the Bears cannot beat Evansville at home, you do not deserve At Large consideration.

Your comment about high school basketball and D1 basketball indicates you do not understand how a team "forms, storms, and norms" over the course of a season. Regardless of level, all teams go through these phases from preseason, through the season, to post season. Level of basketball is insignificant. It is better to stumble in non conference and peak in conference than too do well in non conference and play poorly in conference play.

Again, the fans of the Shockers, Redbirds, Panthers, and Sycamores were kind in acknowledging that the Aces were playing competitive basketball. Only my Bear friends took the childish and immature approach and belittled my Aces and blamed the referees.

MSU has a good program, solid team, and a Head Coach who will take you to the "Promised Land." Getting to the Promised Land requires you to beat the lowly Evansvillites along the way.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 16th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:Thanks for the kind words. You do realize this "trash" team was picked ahead of you in the pre season by the media and here at this site?

Yes, I do. Evansville then decided to take that lofty preseason ranking and use it to completely remove the wheels from the program during the nonconference play. Thanks!

Think.

Coach Simmons' job is riding on doing well in non conference and conference play.

The coaching staff needs to win every game they can.

Our seniors are playing for the last time at 9 Valley venues.

Where is your logic? We tried to win the games we lost.

Please.........
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » January 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Unfortunately, it's a fact of life. There will always be teams that play like crap in nonconference and then surprise people in conference. Looks bad for the conference but it happens every year. Last year it was ISUB.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 16th, 2012, 4:17 pm

I never said the Bears deserved at-large consideration and in fact outright said they didn't. I never said Evansville didn't deserve to win. In fact I outright said they did. I also never said Evansville was to blame for the loss and in fact outright said it was all on the team and/or coaching staff. Ace Dad is just whining because I didn't say Evansville was good.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sect.3purple » January 16th, 2012, 4:27 pm

I usually don't post on this site, but I do enjoy reading what others post. What I find appalling is there are certain fans, usually from the so-called "elite" teams, who seem to think that each season should be carefully orchestrated to pave the way for their team to go to the big dance......all of us who aren't royalty should just roll over and play dead instead of competing.....and Heaven forbid we should ever defeat their royal highnesses! The Aces have lost some games that we should have won....some by a point or two....we played lethargically in a couple of others that cost us a W. Yet, most of the year we have played hard-nosed basketball, fighting and scrapping against bigger players. You may not have noticed, but we have some great shooters on our team, and this year we can put a lot of points on the scoreboard.

I don't claim us to be the best team in the conference, not by a long shot; but our guys work hard and with a few exceptions, play with the spirit of never giving in. The win over Missouri State was a result of that mentality....I don't think many of our fans thought we had much of a chance, but we did want our team to compete after such a dismal performance against Drake at home on Friday. Interestingly, I never heard one comment from our fans about "how dare the Drake team actually try to win on our floor. "

I don't know who will win the conference season, or the tournament.....but I know one thing, the Aces fans, hope to keep celebrating wins from a team that is as blue-collar as any in the country and whose hard work pays off in wins.....regardless of the opponent!
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » January 16th, 2012, 4:50 pm

No one wants the bad teams to roll over in the conference season. I know you fans of "bad teams" like to pretend that's what we want, but it's not. What we want is your teams to stop sucking in the non-con so losing to you isn't an automatic resume killer every year.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball