Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Postby Kyle » January 15th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Wow, the MVC parity is on full display tonight. Congrats to EU. Marty is really turning that program around.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 15th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Congratulations Evansville. Unlike several Valley schools I have always thought highly of Aces fans. Happy for Colt because he gets ridden hard for "garbage points" which is a load of baloney.

Not a whole lot to say because I think it is time for a lot of Bears fans to go into hibernation and either come out in St Louis or next November. I honestly don't know what we are playing for this next month. Probably it is time to focus more on women's basketball although right now that stings too.

This Bears team would be in terrific shape for an at large if we could go forward in time to season Coach Lusk with 3-4 years of head job experience and then transport him back to 2012. Probably wouldn't have lost to WV, Ok State, Illinois State, UNI, or Evansville.

Time to try to sweep Creighton which would be extra sweet with a lot of Dingman family and friends there. At least the thought of that can bring a smile to my face after two ugly deflating loses.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » January 15th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Finally a win in a close game
WAY TO GO ACES

:Cheers:

FYI On Friday 13 a virus I download from firstrow website that destroyed my hard drive. I have watch several games on that site w/o problem but i had watch them on IE . It suggested that I run Firefox. I tried that and it said I need to dwnld a updated video file. Be Careful. The file had the virus I fought it for about a week and on the 13th I saw it had capture more viruses. I run Microsoft Essental virus controls . Or I did. I finally reformatted my harddrive and was able to reload my system. Just be careful what you download on that site...I wouldn't load a file from there i'd miss the game.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 16th, 2012, 12:50 am

There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 16th, 2012, 1:19 am

Colt's scoring as "garbage points" has become an MVCFans cliche. It no longer means none of his points matter. The phrase caught hold last year when Ryan had a tendency to score lots of points after the game was decided.

WSUballer (ShockerFever on ShockerNet) referred to Colt's FT's that won the game as "garbage points". I think baller is the person who started the "garbage points" concept. Now he refers to Ryan's game-winning scores as "garbage points". That is so obviously wrong that baller is now using the term to make a joke of the cliche.

You'd think people would figure out the joke when many of Ryan's game-altering scores this year have been referred to as "garbage points". This year, the reference to Ryan's scores as "garbage points" is a joke on the cliche.

Get a sense of humor and learn how to deal with message board jargon and the intended humor worked off of that jargon.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 16th, 2012, 4:04 am

Actually, the whole garbage points deal was started by an Aces fan on VT. I can't remember the posters screen name but he used to mention that not even Colt's mamma was impressed with his game. It really was funny but there had also been some critical discussion of it as well. Colt has scored points in garbage time but I think it has more to do with him not quitting. The old jokes are still funny, I just don't think everyone gets it.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 16th, 2012, 5:36 am

I think it's pretty easy to distinguish which of the Colt Ryan/garbage points comments are meant in jest and which ones are not. And almost all of them were meant in fun. That's obvious even to those of us that haven't been on here very long.

But if you think Baller's past comments about Ryan were meant all in fun or as a cliche - I suggest you go back and look at them. They were clearly not. And I didn't blame UE fans for being upset at all.

I think most on here have a pretty good sense of humor but sometimes people go a little too far.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 16th, 2012, 9:55 am

Ace Dad wrote:We still get no respect.[/b]

No, you don't. When you drag 200+ RPI homecourt losses into conference play and do everything in your power to make this league look like a small-time conference that will be lucky to get two bids, you don't get respect. I'm sick and tired of teams playing like absolute trash in the nonconference and then finally getting up for games during conference play. High school teams do that, NOT D-1 teams.

Evansville deserved to win yesterday. They were bad, but Bears were worse. What's your complaint?

Ace Dad wrote:From the BearNation message board:[/b]

Seriously? Copy-and-pasting messages from the Bears board after the worst homecourt loss Springfield has seen since Middle Tennessee State in 2008? That is trashy and classless. I would never post on an opponent's message board after one of my teams won. Actually, I just never post on opposing message boards, period. All I ever see you do is whine about respect and provoke people on their message boards, then cry and tattle on this board when someone lashes out at you. Pathetic.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby havoc » January 16th, 2012, 10:33 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
No, you don't. When you drag 200+ RPI homecourt losses into conference play and do everything in your power to make this league look like a small-time conference that will be lucky to get two bids, you don't get respect.

While the Tennessee Tech home loss was totally inexcusable, they are no longer a 200+ RPI team.

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:I'm sick and tired of teams playing like absolute trash in the nonconference and then finally getting up for games during conference play. High school teams do that, NOT D-1 teams.

I'm 100% certain that before the season started, Marty Simmons told his team that they were going to purposely play poorly in the non-conference season so that come January, they could ruin MSU already dim chances of an at-large bid.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 16th, 2012, 10:43 am

havoc wrote:I'm 100% certain that before the season started, Marty Simmons told his team that they were going to purposely play poorly in the non-conference season so that come January, they could ruin MSU already dim chances of an at-large bid.

First of all, MSU blew its already-slim chance at an at-large with the Illinois State loss. That ship has sailed. I'm talking about the conference as a whole. Second of all, I didn't accuse Simmons of purposefully coaching terrible losses in the nonconference - but they managed to do it anyway.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball