Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Aces at Bears (Sunday, Jan 15th)

Postby MSUDuo » January 15th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Good win Aces.

Bears have a lot to still figure out. 3 losses at home is not acceptable. Had 3 total in last 3 years combined I believe
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » January 15th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Apparently nobody taught these Aces the meaning of the word quit. That's a gutty win on the road.

14 and 14 for Troy Taylor. Colossal failure by the Bears, at home against an inferior opponent.

There are now only 2 teams in the Valley that can even consider an at large. And if CU sweeps regular and post season titles, it could be one again.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 15th, 2012, 4:29 pm

2livewu wrote:Ryan with 2 more garbage time points. 85-80.

Bears lay it in to cut it back to 3. 85-82. 53 seconds to go.

You realize you are sticking it to a fellow WSU fan with the Colt Ryan "garbage points" comments? I'm not complaining though. It's funny as heck.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 15th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Congrats to the Aces! Just when Thursday looked like a sure thing for EU and BU they go and pull off the upsets. Indiana State is my other pick for Thursday (along with SIU)...Ugh!!! To Terra Heute we go.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » January 15th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Great win now UE needs to take care of business at home in the next 2 and put this Thursday talk to bed.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby klinky » January 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm

So nice to see the Aces get a few breaks and win one of these close ones after all those gut-wrenching loses.

They fought hard to the very end and finally got rewarded!

Go Aces!
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » January 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm

The Bears simply aren't in the same league at the top of the Valley with WSU and CU at this point. This loss makes that obvious.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 15th, 2012, 4:35 pm

McBulldog wrote:Congrats AceDad ... I know you're partying the streets on a Sunday night! Great win for the Aces!

Thanks buddy. Our players needed and deserved this win for all the one possession games we could not put away. Our performance against Drake scared me. We needed to know that they would not "lay down" in Springfield. No way are we supposed to beat the Bears when you look at their roster and their post men.

Time to drink a beer!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » January 15th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Wufan wrote:Congrats to the Aces! Just when Thursday looked like a sure thing for EU and BU they go and pull off the upsets. Indiana State is my other pick for Thursday (along with SIU)...Ugh!!! To Terra Heute we go.

Good luck, I think Terra Heute is somewhere in Afganistan.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 15th, 2012, 4:38 pm

glm38 wrote:The Bears simply aren't in the same league at the top of the Valley with WSU and CU at this point. This loss makes that obvious.

I disagree. I believe there is more parity in the MVC on any given night. The Aces took the Shockers to the wire and there is no way in hell that we should do that. The Shockers then barely beat Illinois State on their own turf. We have more parity then some of us want to admit.

I still believe that CU, WSU, and MSU have the balance teams and depth needed for the NCAAs. The rest of us have too many warts. That said, if CU, WSU, or MSU do not play well, any team will beat you in this league.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball