UNI at Bradley - Sunday, Jan 15 at 1pm ESPN3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI at Bradley - Sunday, Jan 15 at 1pm ESPN3

Postby Duan » January 15th, 2012, 3:43 pm

glm38 wrote:
Duan wrote:Bradley also played well against Creighton. Bradley is a good team and UNI will not be the last team they "upset".

There truly aren't any patsies in the Valley this year.

I couldn't agree more! I am nervous for EVERY game and St. Louis really is going to be a crap shoot.
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » January 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Bradley has four really nice players and one or two more that might be good eventually. Losing Brown will hurt next year, but if they can get a PG and a post, Prosser, Lemon, BS-E, and maybe Shavok X2 will be very competitive.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 15th, 2012, 4:19 pm

Wow!!! I just got back from two youth basketball games and see this??? Congrats, Braves. If I was Tornado or DaCoach, I'd attribute this win to Mr. Jim Les.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm

MoValley John wrote:Wow!!! I just got back from two youth basketball games and see this??? Congrats, Braves. If I was Tornado or DaCoach, I'd attribute this win to Mr. Jim Les.

Absolutely!!! It's obvious that ford is using the incredible talent brought in by Mr. James Les, and once it's gone, he'll be on his way out. :Bam:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » January 15th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Terrible loss for UNI. This team is very inconsistent and cannot sustain large leads, which is the mark of inexperience. Next year I will expect big things out of this group.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dawg_tired » January 15th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Way to go Braves. any day the pig farmers from INU lose is a good day.
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 15th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Dawg_tired wrote:Way to go Braves. any day the pig farmers from INU lose is a good day.

You have us confused with your friends from Ames. We aren't pig farmers we are teachers.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » January 16th, 2012, 12:38 am

Sheesh...all it took was for me to go to a game for us to win? Who knew?

One difference I noticed between this UNI team and past teams is a lack of a true post presence. I didn't see one today. Any team with any post presence will kill Bradley but thankfully UNI doesnt have one.

First half: UNI made shots, Bradley missed shots and turned it over.
Second half: Bradley made shots, UNI missed shots and turned it over.

I kinda like Anthony James but dude looks to shoot everytime he touches it. Sonnen hasn't improved like I thought he might. I like Chip Rank a lot.

Geno Ford went to that zone and UNI acted like they have never seen one before. Surprising. Bradley can run an effective zone with some of the long-armed athletes.

Dyricus Simms Edwards was on fire. Good for him. Walt Lemon is out of control half the time but nearly impossible to contain in the open court. Taylor Brown is one of the best players in the league but probably won't make first team all-MVC because the Braves will finish last.

Bradley has three players who can score, Shayok who has some ability, and then three other guys who play. After that it is ugly.

Congrats to Geno Ford for his first MVC win. He earned it. He is really a joy to watch on the sidelines. Always positive with his team....doesn't act a fool with officials....pretty composed yet enthusiastic.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » January 16th, 2012, 9:39 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Geno Ford went to that zone and UNI acted like they have never seen one before. Surprising.

I agree. I turned to my wife and said "I can't believe Bradley is playing zone against a team like Northern Iowa." You would think UNI would salivate upon seeing that, but they acted confused for the first few possessions and never got their offense going again.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » January 16th, 2012, 10:10 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Dawg_tired wrote:Way to go Braves. any day the pig farmers from INU lose is a good day.

You have us confused with your friends from Ames. We aren't pig farmers we are teachers.

Ignore the turd. He only showed up again because the mallards won again. He'll disappear soon enough.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball