Illinois St @ Drake 1/15

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Illinois St @ Drake 1/15

Postby Drake2010 » January 15th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Drake looks pretty good all things considered. Jordan Clarke has been out almost the entire game with an ankle injury, but Woods is playing better than I've seen all year. This would be a huge win for the team, so hopefully they can hold on to the lead.

*Edit: Watching Woods shoot free throws is just about the most painful thing on the planet.
Drake2010
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mnbulldog » January 15th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Drake wins and leads wire to wire. 77-60. Redbirds get first basket of game and pull within 5 a few times.

Was Phelps out sick?
mnbulldog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby getreal4 » January 15th, 2012, 10:46 pm

mnbulldog wrote:Drake wins and leads wire to wire. 77-60. Redbirds get first basket of game and pull within 5 a few times.

Was Phelps out sick?

Phelps was there and appeared at times that Drake actually had a an offense other than one on one basketball!

Huge wins the past week, much needed to keep us old dog fans from heading south and giving up on this team!
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 15th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Great job by the Bulldogs....after ISU scored on the first possession of the game, Bulldogs never trailed again and really were in control the entire way.

Jordan Clarke only played 5 minutes before leaving the game with another injury. Bulldogs cannot afford another injury to a big man, with 2 already out for the season.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » January 15th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Hate to look too far ahead, but I'm already wondering how good next season could be for the Bulldogs....

They return all 5 starters, and get Van Deest and Uhlenhopp back, and you add in 3 recruits who are all putting up big numbers this year.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 45otseoj » January 16th, 2012, 3:19 am

Jethro's was great. That's about it.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » January 16th, 2012, 8:31 am

DUBulldog wrote:Hate to look too far ahead, but I'm already wondering how good next season could be for the Bulldogs....

They return all 5 starters, and get Van Deest and Uhlenhopp back, and you add in 3 recruits who are all putting up big numbers this year.

I hope Drake will be good next year but will Phelps and more importantly Rice be back??
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drake2010 » January 16th, 2012, 9:05 am

Where would Phelps go unless he was fired? Barring some incredible run, what team would want to "steal" him from Drake?

The Rice concern is a much bigger deal to me. If Rice sticks around, there's no doubt that team could be a contender next year, but will he? I know he likes the school, and he must be close friends with all of his teammates, but I think his commitment largely depends on how Drake finishes this year. He has to be cognizant of all the pieces in place and the return of Seth and Reece next year, so it really depends on momentum and potential at the end of the year, in my opinion.
Drake2010
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby mecha_bulldog » January 16th, 2012, 11:04 am

Jet915 wrote:I hope Drake will be good next year but will Phelps and more importantly Rice be back??

I fully expect Phelps to be back next year. Barring a collapse at this point, Drake is at least better than they were last year so Phelps has probably done enough to earn another year.

I have no idea what will happen with Rice, although I hope he sticks around. Rice could certainly transfer to a better program than Drake, although another program probably wouldn't build its offense around Rice like Drake does. Rice's mother seems to really like Drake, and that might keep him around. Rice has gotten into some trouble in the past few months (the sock theft, the internal matter that cost him a start, and whatever happened with the shaving incident), so who knows how that could affect things.
mecha_bulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » January 16th, 2012, 11:22 am

mecha_bulldog wrote:
Jet915 wrote:I hope Drake will be good next year but will Phelps and more importantly Rice be back??

I fully expect Phelps to be back next year. Barring a collapse at this point, Drake is at least better than they were last year so Phelps has probably done enough to earn another year.

I have no idea what will happen with Rice, although I hope he sticks around. Rice could certainly transfer to a better program than Drake, although another program probably wouldn't build its offense around Rice like Drake does. Rice's mother seems to really like Drake, and that might keep him around. Rice has gotten into some trouble in the past few months (the sock theft, the internal matter that cost him a start, and whatever happened with the shaving incident), so who knows how that could affect things.

What shaving incident?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball