Murray St

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Murray St

Postby Aces1982 » January 17th, 2012, 11:25 am

If Murray St is now ranked 10th/12th in this weeks poll. If they run the table the rest of the season, they will probably be ranked in the top 5 at the end of the year. My question is, will the NCAA give them a 1 or 2 seed? I think it will be more of a 3 seed personally.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Murray St

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Murray St

Postby Snaggletooth » January 17th, 2012, 11:53 am

IMO, they will be lucky to be a 5 or 6 if they don't trip up.

1. Being in the 21st ranked conference is not going to help.
2. They also only have 3 games in the top 100.
3. RPI will be in the Low-Mid 30's
4. There SOS wins is going to be really pool
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » January 17th, 2012, 11:55 am

I think they lose the bracketbuster game. They will have played just about an entire conference season of weak opponents up to the bracketbuster and I don't think they will be able to handle a decent team after not being tested for a while, especially if it is a valley team.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » January 17th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Hopefully they play the Shocks and the Shocks give them a beat down. It would be nice exposure for the Valley to beat a previously undefeated Murray State team.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 17th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Who gives two rats about Murray State. They're in a second or third rate conference and are named after a cheap knockoff bicycle. And they're not even a Schwinn knockoff, they're a knockoff of a Huffy. If it was Schwinn State, maybe I'd care about them.

There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 17th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I don't think they'll be above a 4 or 5 seed. They look pretty good though. It will be really interesting to see who they play in the Bracketbuster. I agree I'd love to see an MVC team kick their butts.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 17th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Aces1982 wrote:If Murray St is now ranked 10th/12th in this weeks poll. If they run the table the rest of the season, they will probably be ranked in the top 5 at the end of the year. My question is, will the NCAA give them a 1 or 2 seed? I think it will be more of a 3 seed personally.

Well, they'll never reach the top 5 in terms of ranking. They won't get any better than a spot or two than they are right now.

In March I see them as an 8 seed at best. They'll drop at least a game or two in the OVC even though it is a horrendously awful conference. With their resume it'd be hard to argue a seeding of higher than 6-7 even if they went undefeated. Who have they beaten?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » January 17th, 2012, 6:00 pm

In the last ten years, the OVC hasn't had a seed above 12, and they have had teams go undefeated in the conference in that time. (average: 14.2, worst: play-in game)

Even an undefeated regular season for Murray State would be lucky to be seeded better than 7.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Snapshot9 » January 17th, 2012, 9:31 pm

They are currently ranked #28 on Live-Rpi.com
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aces1982 » January 17th, 2012, 9:53 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:If Murray St is now ranked 10th/12th in this weeks poll. If they run the table the rest of the season, they will probably be ranked in the top 5 at the end of the year. My question is, will the NCAA give them a 1 or 2 seed? I think it will be more of a 3 seed personally.

Well, they'll never reach the top 5 in terms of ranking. They won't get any better than a spot or two than they are right now.

In March I see them as an 8 seed at best. They'll drop at least a game or two in the OVC even though it is a horrendously awful conference. With their resume it'd be hard to argue a seeding of higher than 6-7 even if they went undefeated. Who have they beaten?

I disagree. 2 weeks ago they were 15. If they don't lose they will kep moving up. I still think they will be top 5 if they don't lose.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball