Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Postby Jays26 » January 17th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Kind of a big game for both.

Jays looking for payback and the Bears looking to try and keep pace and salvage their season.

If the Jays play their game and keep any of the Bears from going off again they will come out with a "W"

Jays by 5!

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Postby glm38 » January 17th, 2012, 7:28 pm

The Bears are so up and down. Who knows which team will show up. Still Kyle seems to always play well against CU. I say the Bears win by 4.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » January 17th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Bipolar Bears 71
Fighting McDermotts 70
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby FeartheQ » January 18th, 2012, 8:37 am

B-Jays by 10.

I'll be there rooting on the home team.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » January 18th, 2012, 9:49 am

Bears have won six straight over Creighton. My quick preview: The MVC Report - Preview of Wednesday games
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 18th, 2012, 10:52 am

Creighton doesn't play well against physical defensive teams. Last game MSU beat us up and we had a hard time adjusting. On top of that, Weems always goes crazy against us.

Hopefully, the young Jays are hungry and have learned a lot from their previous games against MSU and UNI as to how to play against the clutch and grabbing teams.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » January 18th, 2012, 12:54 pm

I don't know if it will be enough, but there are about three things that will be different this time around.

1. Gregory was in the midst of a stretch of horrible basketball when last we met. He was 1-2 from the floor, 2-4 free throws and had 3 rebounds in 20 minutes. Since that game, he is averaging better than 9 rebounds and 9 points. He has really stepped up his game. I will be hugely surprised if you don't see a much more dominate performance out of him tonight than the meeting in Omaha.

2. Manigat was under the weather and it showed in his shooting (1-5) rather than the 50%+ clip he has been scoring at, and his defense. He will be more productive.

3. Young played his worst game of the year, 3-13 shooting and only 2 assists, as he played uncharacteristically selfish and forced a number of bad shots. Sure, attribute credit for that to the defense, but he has been playing at a much higher level against some pretty good defenses since that game.

4 (I know I can't count) CU will be ready for that pesky Bazooka guy. I don't think we were prepared for him out of the gate. It may not have shown up in the stats, but he was like a fly buzzing around face that you just can't swat away. We will be more prepared for what he does this time around (I hope).

I wish I could say defense is immensely improved, but I don't think that is the case. In any event, I am hoping different games from Gregory, Manigat and Young will be the difference.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » January 18th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Another thing that will be different is that this game will be on the road, instead of at home for CU. Those excuses you listed will certainly have to be rectified to win this game on the road, if Creighton was unable to beat this team at home.

Its certainly not a must win game for Creighton, but when is the last time that a league champ was swept by anyone? This is a game that Creighton needs to get, IMO, if for nothing else but to make a statement that they are the team to beat.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » January 18th, 2012, 1:36 pm

valleychamp wrote:Another thing that will be different is that this game will be on the road, instead of at home for CU. Those excuses you listed will certainly have to be rectified to win this game on the road, if Creighton was unable to beat this team at home.

Its certainly not a must win game for Creighton, but when is the last time that a league champ was swept by anyone? This is a game that Creighton needs to get, IMO, if for nothing else but to make a statement that they are the team to beat.

*BINGO*
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cu8493 » January 18th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Not excuses, Valleychump, predictions for this time around. Those things needed to be fixed, and I am confident they will be. If I am wrong, then we will see if a team can win the Valley after being swept by a team. I said I didn't know if it would be enough. On the other hand, this team has shown that it can win on the road against good teams in a hostile environment, and MSU has shown that it can be beaten at home. So how much home court advantage will it really have? I don't know.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball