Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 19th, 2012, 10:14 am

MSUBear42 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Great game.

I think Weems and McDermott wore each other out on the defensive end.

GIve me a one point victory on the road any day!

I'll say this Bear fans - I'm glad we are done playing you until at least St Louis (and hopefully not there either).

Classy as always, CU fans.

I can't believe we are DONE playing CU before we have even played a single game against Bradley or WSU.

I hope you aren't being sarcastic with your comments. Fact is, I intended it as a compliment. You guys are a bad, bad matchup for us.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 19th, 2012, 10:16 am

troutangler wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Either way, that call actually was to Missouri State's favor, as Creighton retained possession, but there is no shot clock reset and the possession arrow switched from Creighton to Missouri State.

The arrow didn't switch. Creighton had it and kept it because possession goes to the point of interruption on a double foul, which was simply Creighton throwing the ball in.

You have to give MVJ a break on that. He is just repeating what your announcers (Art Haines) said on the pirated stream.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 19th, 2012, 10:34 am

MoValley John wrote:The one play that I would think that Bears fans would be upset about was the charge call that was overturned. But again, the officials ended up getting it right. I don't remember who had the ball for Creighton or who got charged with the block, but the Missouri State defender was in position, set in a defensive guarding position and got run over. The reason the call was overturned was the defender was inside the circle. If I were at the game and saw the call overturned, I'd be furious. But the officials did get it right.

Was it the primary defender or the secondary defender?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 12:03 pm

2livewu wrote:
MoValley John wrote:The one play that I would think that Bears fans would be upset about was the charge call that was overturned. But again, the officials ended up getting it right. I don't remember who had the ball for Creighton or who got charged with the block, but the Missouri State defender was in position, set in a defensive guarding position and got run over. The reason the call was overturned was the defender was inside the circle. If I were at the game and saw the call overturned, I'd be furious. But the officials did get it right.

Was it the primary defender or the secondary defender?

Secondary.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 19th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Thanks, and you're dead on, it's cut and dried. It's a block. Thanks MVJ.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby troutangler » January 19th, 2012, 2:14 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
troutangler wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Either way, that call actually was to Missouri State's favor, as Creighton retained possession, but there is no shot clock reset and the possession arrow switched from Creighton to Missouri State.

The arrow didn't switch. Creighton had it and kept it because possession goes to the point of interruption on a double foul, which was simply Creighton throwing the ball in.

You have to give MVJ a break on that. He is just repeating what your announcers (Art Haines) said on the pirated stream.

It's okay, I'm not pissed at him. I don't doubt Art did say that. As much as I like him, he doesn't know the rules any better than any other broadcaster.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby troutangler » January 19th, 2012, 2:17 pm

2livewu wrote:Thanks, and you're dead on, it's cut and dried. It's a block. Thanks MVJ.

Yeah it was the secondary. MVJ, the crowd at JQH did go berserk when it happened. I could tell exactly what was going on though. One official (Under the basket), called a player control foul, but Pollard, who was in front of the MSU bench, just had his fist up indicating he had a foul too. The guy under the basket went to Pollard to ask him if the secondary defender was in the restricted area or not, which he apparently was, because he then changed it to a block and pointed at the restricted area semicircle. The place came unglued.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 2:23 pm

troutangler wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
troutangler wrote:

It's okay, I'm not pissed at him. I don't doubt Art did say that. As much as I like him, he doesn't know the rules any better than any other broadcaster.

I really thought it was odd, but he said it several times as they sorted out the foul. How foolish of me to trust a broadcaster and to even think that a broadcaster would correct his error.

As for DJA, how dare you call that stream pirated!!!!!! I get my Comcast Cable from Springfield, it was all legal as far as anyone can prove! And with all this SOPA crap being bantered about, you don't want to use the word pirated....
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » January 19th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Great game. Was glad it was decided on the court. I was sure the Jays were going to lose the way we turned it over at the end of the game and then with the missed FTs. Don't want to see MSU in St Loo.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUBear42 » January 19th, 2012, 4:11 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Great game.

I think Weems and McDermott wore each other out on the defensive end.

GIve me a one point victory on the road any day!

I'll say this Bear fans - I'm glad we are done playing you until at least St Louis (and hopefully not there either).

Classy as always, CU fans.

I can't believe we are DONE playing CU before we have even played a single game against Bradley or WSU.

I hope you aren't being sarcastic with your comments. Fact is, I intended it as a compliment. You guys are a bad, bad matchup for us.

Why would that be sarcastic????? lol. I meant it, Creighton fans always seem classy.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball