Bradley at Evansville 1/18

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley at Evansville 1/18

Postby tribecalledquest » January 20th, 2012, 11:41 am

Come on guys...you were playing the 2012 Bradley Braves. There wasn't going to be a comeback.

Aces are much improved. Of course so is the league so it is tough for them to make much of a mark. Colt Ryan is really good. He is even better when not guarded by Bradley.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » January 20th, 2012, 11:56 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Come on guys...you were playing the 2012 Bradley Braves. There wasn't going to be a comeback.

Aces are much improved. Of course so is the league so it is tough for them to make much of a mark. Colt Ryan is really good. He is even better when not guarded by Bradley.

I watched the game.

He was being guarded by Bradley. However, Colt had a good shooting night. There are nights when he is being guarded by (fill in the blank) and he has a poor shooting night.

Again, easy to sit in your recliner, drink beer, and criticize the player who is trying to defend by running under, over, around, and through screens.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 20th, 2012, 12:06 pm

To me Colt Ryan is an incredible offensive player. The Bears Pickens is certainly one of the better defensive players in our league. He's 6'4" and just an incredible athlete even with his knee injury last year. In the Bears/Aces game I watched Pick swat one of Ryan's shots into the stands. Very next play Ryan buried a 3 in Pick's face. That's confidence and ability.

I do agree with getting him out of a blowout game for that very reason. He's just too valuable. The Aces would be nowhere without him. Just like the Bears would struggle horribly without Weems this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 20th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Come on guys...you were playing the 2012 Bradley Braves. There wasn't going to be a comeback.

I watched the game.

He was being guarded by Bradley. However, Colt had a good shooting night. There are nights when he is being guarded by (fill in the blank) and he has a poor shooting night.

Again, easy to sit in your recliner, drink beer, and criticize the player who is trying to defend by running under, over, around, and through screens.

Wasnt criticizing. Saying Colt Ryan is a good offensive player and Bradley is a bad defensive team isn't exactly earth shattering. Combine the two and you get a 39 point night.

I understand how basketball works but thanks for the talking to.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball