MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Wichita State at UNI - 7pm Wednesday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita State at UNI - 7pm Wednesday

Postby LanceShock » January 18th, 2012, 10:45 am

One thing about this game, no matter what the score is at half time, it won't be over. Both teams have been pretty bad about letting double digit leads slip away lately.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 18th, 2012, 10:49 am

This game is huge.

A win by WSU officially ends any glimmer of hope that UNi has for an at large bid. It also puts substantial pressure on Creighton to win in order to stay tied for the conference lead.

A win by UNI reinvigorates at large talk and would give Creighton a lead in the conference race if CU can get the win in Springfield.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 18th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I don't know what to think or expect about this game.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » January 18th, 2012, 1:22 pm

We've got to win tonight, but I don't like our chances. I think if we get a W we could be a 3,4,5 seed in STL.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » January 18th, 2012, 2:06 pm

The Shox are a good road team. They've also struggled to beat some of the lower tier teams in the conference. I like how they finally seem to be coming together and like there chances int his one. Just as UNI needs the win, WSU needs the win. We have a good record but only one quality win at this point.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » January 18th, 2012, 3:07 pm

WSU has no excuse to lose tonight. They are the bigger, stronger, more experienced and more talented team.

Any perceived coaching advantage doesn't overcome that differential. That doesn't mean they will win, by any stretch of the imagination.

That the line is around 2 scares me to death. WSU should be a 5-7 point favorite. Somebody knows something imho.

It will probably be a close UNI win or a carbon of most WSU road games the last 2 years. A game they lead most of the way and expand to around 10 by the buzzer. Hoping for the latter, kind of expecting the former.

There is a small chance that this WSU team is about to turn the corner and "get it" in all aspects of the game. IF that happens, IF, then the rematch in Omaha should be a great match-up between a couple of ranked teams battling for a good seed in March. I'd love to see that happen.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » January 18th, 2012, 3:44 pm

2livewu wrote:WSU has no excuse to lose tonight. They are the bigger, stronger, more experienced and more talented team.

Any perceived coaching advantage doesn't overcome that differential. That doesn't mean they will win, by any stretch of the imagination.

That the line is around 2 scares me to death. WSU should be a 5-7 point favorite. Somebody knows something imho.

It will probably be a close UNI win or a carbon of most WSU road games the last 2 years. A game they lead most of the way and expand to around 10 by the buzzer. Hoping for the latter, kind of expecting the former.

There is a small chance that this WSU team is about to turn the corner and "get it" in all aspects of the game. IF that happens, IF, then the rematch in Omaha should be a great match-up between a couple of ranked teams battling for a good seed in March. I'd love to see that happen.

What could they possibly know? :?: Smoke and mirrors disappears..WSU by 8.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » January 18th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Wsu is about to to get UNI best shot tonight. Will they be ready for it is anybody guess.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bear4Life » January 18th, 2012, 4:44 pm

The Shockers are just really good on the road, but UNI has to have this one. I am personally hoping for UNI to get this one tonight, but just think WSU might be too much...
Bear4Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball