Standings After 8 Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Standings After 8 Games

Postby Ace Dad » January 18th, 2012, 9:36 pm

C'mon 82, :)

Hurry!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Standings After 8 Games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Standings After 8 Games

Postby Aces1982 » January 18th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Sorry, just back from the game.

Creighton.....7-1
Wichita St....7-1
Drake.........5-3
Illinois St.....4-4
Missouri St...4-4
Evansville....4-4
UNI............3-5
SIU............3-5
Indiana St....2-6
Bradley........1-7

1/21-22
Indiana St @ Creighton
Missouri St @ Bradley
Illinois St @ Evansville
SIU @ Wichita St
Drake @ UNI
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » January 18th, 2012, 9:51 pm

One game shy of the half way point and it is a 2 team race, just as most people thought. 3-7 is going to be interesting on how it plays out. The 7th seed in St. Louis could be a dangerous team.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 18th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Indiana State at 2-7????????????????????????????????????????? I don't care if Odum has a hurt foot, they should have been better than 2-7.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 18th, 2012, 9:54 pm

MoValley John wrote:Indiana State at 2-7????????????????????????????????????????? I don't care if Odum has a hurt foot, they should have been better than 2-7.

From NCAA tournament team to possible cellar dwellar. Couldn't happen to a better group of bandwagon fans!
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » January 18th, 2012, 10:09 pm

you stay classy shocktheheart. Glad the rules apply to most.

MoValleyJohn, I expected some falling back to earth, and posted so earlier this year. Every team is gonna give the Sycs their best this year after that run in STL last year. I didn't expect it to look like this. I don't have much going in the way of connections on campus anymore, so I can't even speculate if it's bad leadership, egos, or something else. I definitely don't think it's the coach...at least not yet. He's got some leeway at this point still in my book.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » January 18th, 2012, 10:12 pm

PowderBlue wrote:you stay classy shocktheheart. Glad the rules apply to most.

MoValleyJohn, I expected some falling back to earth, and posted so earlier this year. Every team is gonna give the Sycs their best this year after that run in STL last year. I didn't expect it to look like this. I don't have much going in the way of connections on campus anymore, so I can't even speculate if it's bad leadership, egos, or something else. I definitely don't think it's the coach...at least not yet. He's got some leeway at this point still in my book.

Talk to your fans last year who though you were the second coming of Larry Birds team. Talk smack when you can back it up, your fan base acted like you rolled the Valley last year and now it is coming back to bite you.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 18th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Just for the record, my comment wasn't trolling. I knew you guys were struggling, but have only really paid attention to the top, CU,WSU, UNI and MSU. When I looked at the standings, I was shocked that you guys were struggling this badly. I didn't have ISU Blue penciled in at third in the preseason, but I had them nowhere near 2-6 right now.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 18th, 2012, 10:16 pm

MoValley John wrote:

Just for the record, my comment wasn't trolling. I knew you guys were struggling, but have only really paid attention to the top, CU,WSU, UNI and MSU. When I looked at the standings, I was shocked that you guys were struggling this badly. I didn't have ISU Blue penciled in at third in the preseason, but I had them nowhere near 2-6 right now.

I actually voted them 4th in the preseason poll here. I don't mind fans talking that can back it up, but it got a little ridiculous here in the summer and preseason if you ask me.
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » January 18th, 2012, 10:16 pm

I said nothing about my fans or your fans. Just you. Board guidelines are meant for everyone, not just some of us.

If you had an issue with the way fans from Indiana State were posting last year you should have reported it. Check my post history, cause I wasn't posting any of that nonsense.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball