Standings After 8 Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings After 8 Games

Postby Aces1982 » January 19th, 2012, 11:21 am

What I think it will look like at halfway point.

Creighton....8-1
Wichita St...8-1
Drake........5-4
Missouri St..5-4
Evansville...5-4
Illinois St....4-5
UNI...........4-5
SIU...........3-6
Indiana St...2-7
Bradley.......1-8

As stated earlier, 2 team race. 3-7 can be interchanged. Thursday teams: Ind St. Bradley, SIU, the 7th team could be a dangerous team and knock off the 2 seed on Friday.

Sorry, Bear fans.
Last edited by Aces1982 on January 19th, 2012, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Duan » January 19th, 2012, 11:59 am

Did you leave out MSU because they are switching conferences earlier than previously thought?
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 2livewu » January 19th, 2012, 12:31 pm

It's really hard to see Indiana State with any few than 11 losses and that almost certainly puts them in Thursday's bracket with Bradley.

SIU is near a mortal lock as well with their coach although I bet they have a say in the rest of the standings at some point.

Creighton and whomever finishes 2 (probably WSU) are going to really have their hands full on Friday with a really good team that had some bad fortune.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » January 19th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Duan wrote:Did you leave out MSU because they are switching conferences earlier than previously thought?
:huh:

LOL
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 19th, 2012, 1:14 pm

Great, more lecturing from the noble WSU fans that post here. :roll:

ISU fans didn't do any more trash talking (if you even want to call it that. It was more just bold predictions) about their team than WSU did with their team.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 19th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Duan wrote:Did you leave out MSU because they are switching conferences earlier than previously thought?

:D Classic... I needed a good lunch time laugh.

I think WuFan is correct in his statement above. You can't be too thin skinned and if you boast a little and predict a little and it flops on you...you have to be able to take the heat.

I think the Bulldogs are going to win the next three games, they have some talent and are starting to put it together.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Duan » January 19th, 2012, 1:47 pm

sixth ace wrote:

LOL

Sorry to confuse you Sixth Ace, but Aces1982 had left MSU out of his original list above. As you can see, he/she has since edited it and added them in. It was just a joke....no harm done. :)
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm

PowderBlue wrote:
2livewu wrote:Bandwagon fans.

Where are some of the "big" ISUB fans? They are nowhere to be found.

If the Trees were 6-2 instead of 2-6, I could name a half dozen fans that would be prancing around here like peacocks.

Borderline same thing for UNI fans, but not as bad. However under 5k last night was weak. I could hear WSU fans taking over the low brass cheer (UNI version) late in the game. Sad.

On the half dozen fans...that may be true, but isn't it true of every team? Everyone has their morons, right? The sheer volume of WSU and CU fans here (and in the stands) helps to squelch their dummies...some of us don't have that luxury in our fan bases. I can't tell you how embarrassed I was to hear fans chanting BS at the Hulman Center on Sunday after an OBVIOUS travel was called. I understand being a fan and a homer...but there's a line there somewhere.

I would have to disagree with you on Wichita State and Creighton fans policing themselves, there is little boasting probably because they have both been predicted to win the league and failed more than once. I go back several years on these boards and can tell you without question that both Wichita State and Ceighton fans have done their fair share of boasting in the past. Failure and eating a lot of crow has tempered their current comments and prognostications. In other words, five, six and seven years ago, both fanbases boasted similarly to what ISU Blue fans did this Fall. Nobody that was on these boards back then can forget the Wichita/Omaha debates or the classic "Best for the Valley" thread.

They did exactly what ISU Blue did this fall, their fans learned from it. Now they ridicule, and rightly so, the people that do the same type of boasting that they did in the past. There is no policing, Wichita State and Creighton fans have simply learned from their own past posting foibles.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 19th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Duan wrote:
sixth ace wrote:

LOL

Sorry to confuse you Sixth Ace, but Aces1982 had left MSU out of his original list above. As you can see, he/she has since edited it and added them in. It was just a joke....no harm done. :)

Didn't confuse me was wonderin what 82 was thinkin
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 19th, 2012, 5:38 pm

This is the most overplayed joke out there. You hear the same about CU all the time with that Catholic Conference. The CUSA thing seemed to have validity when people who were friends of the program thought that it was happening. We were duped but it is time to move on.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball