Standings After 8 Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings After 8 Games

Postby Haha » January 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:We were duped but it is time to move on.

Move on to Conf USA maybe?
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 5:55 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Duan wrote:Did you leave out MSU because they are switching conferences earlier than previously thought?

This is the most overplayed joke out there. You hear the same about CU all the time with that Catholic Conference. The CUSA thing seemed to have validity when people who were friends of the program thought that it was happening. We were duped but it is time to move on.

No, Casey, this joke is not overplayed and it is HILARIOUS!!!!

No more overplayed than GoSMSGo bike jokes.
No more overplayed than GodShawGod, GodOdumGod, GodInsertNameHereGod
No more overplayed that McBulldog with his "Too bad about his knee." remarks.
No more overplayed than the DawgieStyle "Standford" jokes.
The C-USA is etched into MVCFans lore and there is nothing you can do but smile and move on.

I really miss DawgieStyle, errr, Z.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Haha wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:We were duped but it is time to move on.

Move on to Conf USA maybe?

There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 19th, 2012, 6:29 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Duan wrote:Did you leave out MSU because they are switching conferences earlier than previously thought?

This is the most overplayed joke out there. You hear the same about CU all the time with that Catholic Conference. The CUSA thing seemed to have validity when people who were friends of the program thought that it was happening. We were duped but it is time to move on.

No, Casey, this joke is not overplayed and it is HILARIOUS!!!!

No more overplayed than GoSMSGo bike jokes.
No more overplayed than GodShawGod, GodOdumGod, GodInsertNameHereGod
No more overplayed that McBulldog with his "Too bad about his knee." remarks.
No more overplayed than the DawgieStyle "Standford" jokes.
The C-USA is etched into MVCFans lore and there is nothing you can do but smile and move on.

I really miss DawgieStyle, errr, Z.

I think we need to give credit to Dawg_Tired for the whole "too bad about his knee" thing. But, it never got old.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 6:48 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
I think we need to give credit to Dawg_Tired for the whole "too bad about his knee" thing. But, it never got old.

Ummm, Dawg_Tired couldn't hold McBulldog's jock. Therefore, McBulldog gets the credit. McBulldog sired Chuck Norris. Odum sired McBulldog. Read the Bible, it's in Genesis.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » January 19th, 2012, 7:20 pm

valleychamp wrote:Great, more lecturing from the noble WSU fans that post here. :roll:

ISU fans didn't do any more trash talking (if you even want to call it that. It was more just bold predictions) about their team than WSU did with their team.

This. It really does get old, and is especially ironic considering the influx of WSU bandies on valley talk in 2006 following their S-16. Nothing ISUblue has done on this site comes close to March 06 VT from WSU fans.

I also rarely see fans outside of WSU calling out bandwagon fans. Nobody else gives a rats a** who posts and how often they post. Some actually want to talk about basketball.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 19th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Casey as MVCJ so eloquently pointed out there are similar type jokes out there about most of the other MVC fans/teams. It's just not that big a deal. Learn to laugh at it and go on.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 20th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Bawss wrote:
Aargh wrote:Welcome, stranger You must be new to these parts. At least you must not have been here last summer when we endured more than a little hype from a few InSU fans who were convinced that 3 games in March last year was an indication of royalty this year.

We also heard how Odum was going to beat DMac for POY. Actually, we heard about Odum no matter what the original thread had been. He was brought up in about every thread as the greatest player in the history of the Valley - right up there with Larry Bird.

Karma's a B with an itch and those of us who endured the off-season out here are feeling some sweet justice for a few InSU fans who were more than impressed with their team in the off-season.

I think DU alone in 3rd is more of a surprise than InSU alone in 9th.

Like nobody was hype on the team before the 10-11 season? There were plenty of people on the indiana state boards who picked them to be top half of the conference before that season started. It's not like most of the fans didn't believe in the team at first.

People thought Odum could get player of the year and DPOY? So what?

There were people posting about Odum in every thread? Yes because you guys mentioned him in every thread as the GOAT as a joke. None of that was ISU fans. The only Odum hype I remember from an ISU fan came from Greenwell during the season sometime I think who made the thread about Odum Which wasn't that ridiculous really it's just you guys were already irritated by the one guy who always hyped ISU here.

And to respond to "lol wen dey lose dey don't post on deez boardz," It's not like this board is the world. We're still on our own boards. Just because some people don't want to post here after losing does not really mean they're bandwagoning at all.

Speaking of Greenwell, what ever happened to that young man?

My most vivid memory of him was his expertise on point guards. He spent quite a bit of time in trashing the Shockers' point guards.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 20th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Kyle wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Great, more lecturing from the noble WSU fans that post here. :roll:

ISU fans didn't do any more trash talking (if you even want to call it that. It was more just bold predictions) about their team than WSU did with their team.

This. It really does get old, and is especially ironic considering the influx of WSU bandies on valley talk in 2006 following their S-16. Nothing ISUblue has done on this site comes close to March 06 VT from WSU fans.

I also rarely see fans outside of WSU calling out bandwagon fans. Nobody else gives a rats a** who posts and how often they post. Some actually want to talk about basketball.

Funny how the memory works. I have been thinking not so much about Shockers' behavior as I have about Blue Bird's behavior, during the Prince Korver years. Blue Bird bandies. Those were the good old days.

The lovable Trees' improbable three days in the sun became their basis for predicting a lifetime of excellence in NCAA championship basketball. Some folks were not buying it. Count me as one of the Thomases.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » January 21st, 2012, 3:52 pm

The one thing in this thread that really torques me off is the implication that ISU was an awful team last year outside of three days in March. They did go 12-6 last year in conference. They were a top 100 schedule team and 84th in RPI. For a team that took until basically the conference season to gel after getting a new coach and seeing a freshman take the reigns at point guard mid season, it's not like they were the Little Sisters of the Poor.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball