Bracketbuster Projections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bracketbuster Projections

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 30th, 2012, 11:13 pm

MSUDuo wrote:WSU is going to be in a world of hurt...

@MSU, @CU, @ISUr, @Davidson

They must go at least 2-2 in these games, win their home games, and get to Sunday in STL to give themselves an at large chance...

The bubble is soft this year. The Wheat Shox are safe as long as they don't go worse than .500 down the stretch.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 30th, 2012, 11:25 pm

They must go at least 2-2 in these games, win their home games, and get to Sunday in STL to give themselves an at large chance...

Considering WSU's road record over the past couple of years I think they will go 3-1. I'm actually more worried about the home games......
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » January 31st, 2012, 8:27 am

UNI always seems to fare better in scheduling than the Valley as a whole does. Even with that I think the MVC looks small participating in the event no matter if we get a bunch of games on ESPNU that no one is going to watch.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » January 31st, 2012, 9:10 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:

Considering WSU's road record over the past couple of years I think they will go 3-1. I'm actually more worried about the home games......

I think we (redbirds) can give the shox a good game at home. We played the shox down to the wire at their place. Although the final score wouldn't show it, we even gave the bluejays a hell of a game at home as well. We got a shot. Although if you were to go 3-1 in that stretch, I think you would rather lose to us than the other guys. I will trade two quality road wins for a road loss that won't kill you any day. Plus a win @CU and @Davidson would pretty much lock you up for the tourney. I think you will be fine.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » January 31st, 2012, 9:16 am

MSU and UNI are not on the bubble and aren't getting on the bubble. We both would have to win the tournament to get in. That being said, neither of us got screwed in the BB either. We won't lose or gain much of anything from playing in this. (UNI has more to gain if they win on the road)

WSU and CU did get hosed though, especially WSU. It should have been WSU at Murray St. and St. Mary's at Creighton.

I would be fine with the Valley getting out of this, but Elgin seems quite happy with it, so whatever.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jet915 » January 31st, 2012, 2:50 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:We will probably do the same thing with Oakland when Jank finds out that Michigan Technical Insititute of Heating and Air Conditioning is hosting the basketball travelers world vision classic.

....i kid...i kid.

Can't be much worse than the "Hyvee Classic" or "Dale Howard Classic"
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » January 31st, 2012, 2:53 pm

thedude15 wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:I doubt most schools do favors to other teams when it comes to returns. McDermott...."how does a tuesday sound in late December....take it or leave it"

But by hooking it up to the 76 classic LBSU would be doing CU the favor.

who makes the call? The home team or road team. Who mediates if a date can not be agreed on?

My guess is Creighton will say you can have a couple days before the 76 classic or a couple days after, you choose. I highly doubt CU is gonna make two return trips to California in one season. That is alot of $$$$. That's good for me though since I plan on going to the 76 Classic, it's gonna be an extra CU game!
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 3rd, 2012, 8:12 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:It isn't a good game for CU. We are ranked and had earned a ranked team. Winning does nothing for us and a loss would really hurt.

Coach McDermott disagrees with you.

http://www.pjstar.com/bradleyhoops/x950637599/Reynolds-Big-things-lie-ahead-for-Braves?zc_p=1

Creighton coach Greg McDermott told the Omaha World-Herald that Long Beach State would provide the desired test for his team.

“They’re top 40 in the RPI (32),” he said. “So this is a game that can do nothing but help you.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120130/BLUEJAYS/701319959/1072#jays-next-big-name-opponent-for-49ers

"You want a quality game that does you a lot of good if you win and it doesn't kill you if for some reason you slip up and lose," McDermott said. "In this scenario, with as well as Long Beach has played and the schedule it has played, it's not going to keep either team out of the tournament win or lose.

"And it can certainly enhance your opportunities for seeding and give you an opportunity to play your way into the tournament."
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » February 3rd, 2012, 10:23 am

cpacmel wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:It isn't a good game for CU. We are ranked and had earned a ranked team. Winning does nothing for us and a loss would really hurt.

Coach McDermott disagrees with you.

http://www.pjstar.com/bradleyhoops/x950637599/Reynolds-Big-things-lie-ahead-for-Braves?zc_p=1

Creighton coach Greg McDermott told the Omaha World-Herald that Long Beach State would provide the desired test for his team.

“They’re top 40 in the RPI (32),” he said. “So this is a game that can do nothing but help you.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120130/BLUEJAYS/701319959/1072#jays-next-big-name-opponent-for-49ers

"You want a quality game that does you a lot of good if you win and it doesn't kill you if for some reason you slip up and lose," McDermott said. "In this scenario, with as well as Long Beach has played and the schedule it has played, it's not going to keep either team out of the tournament win or lose.

"And it can certainly enhance your opportunities for seeding and give you an opportunity to play your way into the tournament."

Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball